COVID-19 and Advising SOU Appointments for Fall 2021
Given campus restrictions related to the coronavirus, career advising sessions will be conducted to be offered remotely through the following means:
- Video Conferencing - Zoom or Google Hangouts
- Instant Message - through Google Hangouts through your SOU email account
- Phone appointment
Limited in-person appointments are also available for students who are cleared for campus activites and can be requested by emailing Max at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Navigate app.
If you would like to make a virtual or phone appointment and already have an EAB Navigate account, you can do so by clicking here. If you don't yet have the Navigate app, you can get it and set up an appointment by following these steps:
- Download the Navigate app by looking for Navigate Student in the App Store or Google Play, or sign-in from your computer at https://sou.campus.eab.com/
- Sign-in using your SOU username and password
- Select "Appointments", and then "Schedule an Appointment" on the bottom of the next screen
- Select Advising when asked Which campus office would you like to meet with?
- Select Career Advising when instructed to Please select the type of advising you need.
- Select the topic of the appointment. "Continue to Next Step"
- (Location & Staff): Select "Over the Phone" or "Video Conferencing"
- Select the name of advisor that you would like to talk to. Click "Continue to Next Step"
- Pick a time
You can also send instant messages to Josh or Max using Google Hangouts. From your SOU email account, click the Hangouts icon (shaped like a quotation mark) on the bottom left side of your page. Click the + icon to the right of you name, and then enter Joshua Tinney or Max Brooks into the search field.
Physical walk in times are available on a limited basis in the Stevenson Union Student Activities suite for students who are cleared for on-campus activity. We very much appreciate your patience and flexibility, as this is an unprecedented time for all of us. We look forward to connecting with you!