- Fulfill baccalaureate degree requirements as stated in current SOU catalog
- Satisfy all program prerequisites including:
WR 121,122 or the University Colloquium; Psy 201 & 202; Soc 204; a Lifespan Development course; Mth 243
- Complete a minimum of 49 core curriculum credits from psychology and sociology:
Psychology Core (33 credits): PSY 409 (9 credits), 429, 438, 443, 471, 475, and 497.
Sociology Core (16 credits): SOC 304, 310, 312, and 444.
- Select upper division electives (11 credits) with advisor consent.
- A C+ grade or better and a GPA of 2.7 in all human service program courses is required for a BA or BS in social science.
- Meet writing and research competency through components in PSY 429.
See Course Descriptions for more information on the curriculum. Contact an advisor with any questions.