You must go to this MYHEALTH link to fill out your measles verification form:
In order to provide the Student Health and Wellness Center with your measles vaccine information and to avoid a hold on your account, you must go to the above MYHEALTH site to enter the information on the form electronically. We do not need a copy of your vaccine record submitted to the health center.
Online students must fill out the measles verification form to document their online status.
If you do not provide the required proof of your measles immunizations or immunity to measles a HOLD will be placed on your account and you will not be allowed to register for classes at SOU for any term after your first full term.
According to Oregon law, every student entering SOU who was born on or after January 1, 1957 and is taking at least 9 undergraduate or graduate credits must show proof of immunity to Rubeola (hard measles).
You may comply with this Oregon law in one of the following ways:
1. Having had two vaccinations against measles (or MMR). The first vaccine needs to be on or after your first birthday and the second measles vaccine must be at least one month after your first measles vaccine.
2. Having had a second measles (or MMR) vaccination on or after December 1989, if you were born prior to December 1984 and you do not know the date of your first vaccine.
3. Have written documentation showing immunity with a positive blood titer.
4. Have written documented history of the disease (Rubeola) signed by a health care provider.
You may be exempted from this requirement for certain reasons. These include:
1. You are a distance learner and enrolled in only online courses.
2. Your birth date is before Jan 1, 1957.
3. You have a medical reason for not receiving the immunization and have a medical provider’s note stating this reason (e.g. anaphylactic reaction, pregnancy).
4. You have a Non-Medical reason for refusing the vaccine, and you have a signed Vaccine Education Certificate from the Oregon Department of Health from either a medical provider or from completing the online educational module through the Oregon Department of Health at www.healthoregon.org/vaccineexemption. This signed certificate must be faxed, mailed or brought to the Student Health and Wellness Center in order to be cleared for registration.