Wellbeing (n.): The state of being healthy, happy and prosperous
An innovative program series proven to help you lead a healthier life. You get tools to help you improve your diet, be more physically active, have more energy, and enjoy better health. This fun and highly effective team-based program is now available to PEBB members, spouse/partners, and dependents 18 and older!
Reach your weight-loss goals and improve your overall health, with meetings on campus and locally and an app to help support you.
Join the Better Choices, Better Health Online Workshop for information and tools you need to manage your chronic condition and live a better life. Learn management techniques, share with an online community and track your progress with this 6-week course.
The HEM is a personal health assessment that employees can take on their medical provider's website. This is mandatory to complete in the month of October, our annual month for Open Enrollment. However, this can also be taken anytime throughout the calendar year. The HEM is a health questionnaire that you complete to gauge your current health status. This questionnaire can also be shared with medical professionals.
The EAP is a free and confidential benefit that can assist you and your eligible family members with any personal problem, large or small.
- Emotional Wellbeing: Assessments and programs help you target the issue and learn how to manage and prevent distress. Emotional improvement can help you enhance your sense of self.
- Stress Management: Learn how to manage stress to live a more fulfilling life.'The Power of Positive Self-Talk' and 'Practicing Gratitude to Produce Happiness' programs are just a couple of ways you can start living a less stressful life.
- Resilience: Do you know your purpose in life? What you value? What makes you the happiest? This engaging, interactive program will take you on an enlightening journey that will open your eyes to your life's purpose while teaching you about the five core components of resilience: purpose, self-reliance, perseverance, balance, and being your own best friend.
- Personal Growth: Learn to increase your work/life balance and grow in new ways, like learning what it means to nurture your self.
- Other ways the EAP can help you: learn to improve relationships, get help managing finances, learn 60+ soft skills like leadership and interpersonal, or view an upcoming webinar or archived webinar.
PEBB medical plans contract with getaflushot.com to provide free flu-shot clinics. This is typically held on campus during our annual Health & Wellness Fair in the month of October.
PEBB members who use tobacco have $25 deducted from their pay to offset the known risks for healthcare costs they bring to their health plan. You can end the deduction when you quit using tobacco. The Quit for Life Program is free and has helped hundreds of thousands of people successfully quit tobacco.
Through the Affordable Care Act, a number of preventative health services are free to members of group insurance (SOU insurance is group insurance).