The procedure for applying for admission into the Intensive English Program (IEP) is the same as for all international students applying for admission to SOU. International students who do not meet SOU's minimum English language proficiency requirements for degree studies may apply for the IEP to improve their English abilities. Upon successful completion of the IEP, students will advance into the university academic program to begin their degree studies.
To be admitted into the IEP, internationals students must:
- Have earned a high school diploma
- Meet GPA admission requirements for their academic degree program
- Provide financial statements proving they and/or their sponsors are able to pay for university and living expenses while in the United States
All prospective students must submit:
- The International Student Admission Application
- A $60 non-refundable application fee
- Official academic transcripts
- A copy of main photo page of valid passport
- Financial support documents
Accepted international students will receive an official admission letter to attend SOU's Intensive English Program and will be issued an I-20 for Language Training.