Please note: The application for the MoTS 2019 Cohort has closed. Applications for the 2020 Cohort will open on October 1, 2019.
Below is some general information about applying to the program.
Master of Theatre Studies in Production and Design
Application and Fee Information
The program limits the number of new participants each year. You must be currently teaching theatre at the high school or community college level and must have taught theatre for at least two years (you may apply during your second year of teaching).
Application deadline is March 1, 2020.
There are two applications required for our graduate program.
1. You must submit an application to the SOU. Consult the SOU Graduate Admissions webpage; complete and submit the SOU graduate application form along with the SOU application fee, and all official college and university transcripts.
2. You must submit a second application to the Master Of Theatre Studies program consisting of the following documents. There is no additional charge for the second application.
- Professional resume
- Theatrical resume (including your theatre experience and background)
- Three letters of professional reference that assess your teaching and/or theatre production experience.
- A one to two page statement of purpose describing your reasons for applying and how the program will support your educational philosophy, professional goals and the goals you have for your theatre program.
3. Please visit GetAcceptd.com to complete your secondary application. You will need to create a free account in order to use the site. All of the documents listed under Item 2 above must be uploaded at the following link: GetAcceptd.com and select "Theatre-Graduate".
Follow the online instructions to complete and submit your application.
Completed applications will be reviewed by Theatre Program faculty and the SOU Admissions Office staff. All applicants will receive official notification of their acceptance status by mid-March 2020. Accepted applicants will also receive the following:
- Program commitment form
- New applicant survey
- Program assignment sheet
- Program invoice for $500 nonrefundable deposit (applicable to program tuition and fees)
- Instructions for submitting your forms, paying your deposit online, and registering for classes
The Program commitment form must be submitted by April 1, 2019.
You will be billed by SOU Business Services for your tuition and housing.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page.
*2020 Main Session Fees
|TBD||for summer 2020*|
|TBD||for course materials and tickets to plays|
Application fee due
|$60.00||Must accompany SOU graduate application|
Deposit (Nonrefundable): $500 due April 1, 2020, with program commitment form and summary after receiving acceptance documents.
*The tuition and fees listed above apply to one summer (12 credits) only. Financial Aid is applicable to the Program. Please read the information below regarding Financial Aid.
On-campus housing and meals are available for electives and the main sessions. Summer term fees are finalized in early April of each year. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on costs.
2020 Elective one-week course tuition and course fees
|2020 Elective Courses:||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|$ TBD||$ TBD||$ TBD|
In order to receive financial aid for summer 2020, you must fill out the FAFSA for the 2019-2020 year. YOU MUST FILE ACCORDING TO FAFSA DEADLINES. This will determine if you are eligible for financial aid and, if eligible, the amount of aid you qualify to receive. TSummer is the final term of the 2019-2020 year. Please contact the SOU Financial Aid office at email@example.com about the additional Summer financial aid form that needs to be completed for Summer term. You must be admitted as an SOU graduate student. Since this is a master's program, only federal loans (not direct grants) are available. Alternative loans (loans that the Oregon University system gives to students) may also be available. Information about financial aid and the FAFSA is located on the financial aid website. Money is dispersed in late June.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page.