New Student Orientation begins September 21st!
NSO is where our new students continue to integrate into SOU's vibrant campus life and begin to explore and develop an understanding of the outstanding community, leadership, health, and diversity that makes SOU so unique. Whether you are living on or off-campus, your attendance at New Student Orientation is expected.
Key Things to Know:
- All new first year students are expected to attend New Student Orientation and participate in all required activities
- Students who have already attended Raider Registration will receive an email invitation to sign up for New Student Orientation
- Move in day for the residence halls will be Thursday, September 21st
- Parents and Family members are not required to attend but are welcome to join us for select programs (see schedule)
- Programming specifically designed to support students as they transition to SOU will run from Thursday evening through Sunday
To Do List:
We have developed a New Student Checklist to help you prepare for coming to campus. Please take the time to review it here: New Student Checklist.
Schedule of Events:
The New Student 2017 page is currently being updated. Please stay tuned for the completed website with detailed information. For now, view the list below for the official New Student Orienation and Week of Welcome brief overview of events.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION:
Thursday, September 21
New Student Move-In Day
Opening Welcome (6:30pm)
Friday, September 22
Parent and Family Farewell (10:00am-11:00am)
New Student Orientation Sessions
Evening Residence Life Social Event
Saturday, September 23
Rock the Block
Fred Meyer Night
Sunday, September 24
Raider Rec hosts Bubble Soccer
WEEK OF WELCOME:
Monday, September 25
Tuesday, September 26
On Campus Job and Internship Fair
Wednesday, September 27
Outdoor Program and Recreation Fair
Thursday, September 28
Student Leadership and Involvement Fair