FOR STUDENTS/FACULTY/STAFF: Appeals are to be filed via by logging into your SOU account and going to the Parking Self Service link.
FOR ALL OTHERS:
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPEAL.
Citation appeals must be filed within 15 CALENDAR days of issuance. If this is the 2nd and final appeal, it must be filed within 10 days of the initial appeal decision letter. First appeals will be reviewed by the Campus Public Safety/Parking Director and a decision letter will be emailed to you. If you then wish to file a final appeal, it will be reviewed by a committee at a later date.
It is not required to appear in person to speak on behalf of your appeal, however if you would like to you may choose that option on the appeal form. If you choose that option then the parking department will get ahold of you to schedule a time when you can come to the campus public safety office to meet with the parking director.
NOTE: Your appeal will be automatically denied if filed for any of the following reasons:
1. "I can't afford to pay this citation" - Lack of funding does not negate the expectation to follow parking regulations
2. "I didn't know I couldn't park there" - Signs are posted at the lot entrances
3. "I was only there for 5 minutes" - Parking for any amount of time without a permit, meter ticket, or going beyond a timed space limit is not permitted
4. "It was night time, the weekend, or it was summer, nobody was here anyways" - Parking is enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including summer and holidays
5. "There was no other space available" - Parking is first come, first serve. Purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space.
6. "There were plenty of open spaces" - Availability of parking spaces does not constitute violation of parking regulations.
7. "Everybody else was parking like that" - you are responsible for your own actions. Others breaking the law is not a justifiable reason for you to break the law.
8. "Someone else was driving my car", or "I paid for a permit, I was just driving a different car that day." -Permits are registered to vehicles, NOT individuals.
NOTE: Form must be complete for processing. Forms that are submitted, but incomplete, will not be processed.