The mission of the Queer Resource Center of Southern Oregon University is to provide visible and accessible advocacy for the needs of queer students while expanding awareness and knowledge of queer issues on campus and in our community. The QRC works to encourage relationship building and support systems in order to empower every person to have a positive university experience, to grow as a self-aware individual, and to be a responsible community member.
Everyone is welcome to access, visit, and utilize resources offered through the Queer Resource Center.
- Expanding educational access for personal and academic achievement.
- Providing current informational resources for personal and community welfare and support.
- Establishing, maintaining, and promoting a safe and supportive campus environment through advocacy.
- Encouraging and supporting outreach and educational opportunities on campus and in the Rogue Valley.
- Fostering development of responsible, caring, and engaging leadership skills.
- Deeply engaged in embracing and celebrating diversity in all forms.
The QRC is located on the bottom floor of the Stevenson Union on the Southern Oregon University campus.
You are welcome to visit the Center. We offer a comfortable space to relax, meet new people, study, and access resources.
Let's be friends! Connect with us on Facebook: facebook.com/sou.qrc
We are sensitive to potential privacy needs for users of the Center. All visitors, phone calls, and e-mails are handled with a certain degree of confidentiality. We have a number of staff members who are able to assist you. If you feel you need for extra confidentiality, please e-mail our Coordinator directly.
Hours: Spring Term 2017
Monday: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Thursday: 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM