A Department Purchase Card, also referred to as P-card or Procurement Card, is a U.S. Bank VISA credit card assigned to departments. Staff assigned as users for the purchase card may check-out the card to make business related purchases.
Procurement Card Training
Prior to being issued or assigned to a procurement card, staff listed as card user, custodian, or budget authority need to take and complete the Procurement Card Training and Procurement Card Test through Moodle. Instructions for how to enroll in the course can be found here.
Departments seeking to add a new card or make changes to an existing card (eg adding or removing users or changing card custodian), must submit a completed Application and Agreement Form to the Service Center.
For more information regarding Procurement Card policy and procedures, visit here.
How to use a P-card
- Check-out P-card from card custodian.
- Purchase approved items or service.
- Recieve invoice/receipt for items or service (purchase of food items requires itemized receipt).
- Complete appropriate paperwork, if necessary. For example, hosting guest or meals at meeting form.
- Return P-card and invoice/receipt with associated paperwork to the card custodian.
Statement Cutoff Dates
Procurement card purchases
- Department Purchasing Card Application and Agreement Form (PDF)
- Request to Increase Purchasing Limits (PDF)
- Activity Log Form (PDF)
- Hosting Groups/Guests/Candidates Form (PDF)
- Meals or Refreshments at Meetings Form (PDF)
- Missing/Non-Itemized Receipt Affidavit (PDF)
- Purchasing Card Receipt Form (PDF)