Scheduling an Appointment
Office: Science Building 182
Follow these steps:
Walk In and Appointment Hours:
Monday: 9am-11am and 3pm-4pm
Wednesday: 9am-11am and 3pm-4pm
Division of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
There are many different types of appointments available to students through the Navigate tool. These generally break into two main groups: Career Advising and Academic Advising. Under these two groups there are several different classifications of appointments that students can select from, and include appointment mediums (Phone or Face-to-Face), duration (30-60 minutes), and an opportunity to provide a description for the appointment discussion, if desired. Below are the different types of appoints.
Career Related Appointments
1. Career Exploration - Used to help students identify the different jobs available in their field of interest.
2. Career Search - Used to help students find jobs available in identified areas using common jobs boards.
3. Graduate School Preparation - Used to assist with students who are narrowing down graduate school interests, and determine requirements.
4. Internships - Used to discuss finding on or off campus jobs for the purpose of part-time, paid or unpaid, job opportunities.
5. Resumes & Cover Letters - Used to allow for a discussion of creating, editing, or reviewing resumes and cover letters.
6. General Career Advising - Used for any type of discussion that does not fall into another appointment type.
Alternative Method - Handshake - How to Schedule an Appointment:
Academic Advising Appointments
1. Academic Advising (30 or 60 minutes)- STEM - These appointments are not intended for new students looking to register for courses. Meet with the STEM student success advisor. Majors, minors and programs in the STEM Division include: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Pre-Health Professions including, but not limited to: Pre-Medicine, Pre-Veterinary Science, Pre-Dentistry, and Pre-Nursing
2. New Student Appointment - STEM - This appointment is strictly for first time registrants of Southern Oregon University with a Next Term start date. These appointments require students to have submitted their Enrollment Deposits, and to make sure SOU has the most up-to-date transcripts if a student has transfer credit. These appointments are 75 minutes long, and can be conducted via phone or face-to-face. Please contact Andrew Clum - firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-552-6472 for any questions.
Any student looking to schedule an appointment to meet can do so using Handshake through Inside.sou. I would be happy to meet with you, and I keep my schedule for appointment times up-to-date on my Handshake page (located on InsideSOU). If you don't know where that is, you can find it when you sign into Inside.sou.edu, and on the right side, under the header Online Services, if you scroll down you will see "Handshake for Students", you will sign into it, and in the top-right of the screen, you will see "Career Center". When you select this link, there will be a drop-down menu, and you can select "Appointments".
After that you can select, "Schedule A New Appointment", and choose either Career Advising, for anything related to Career Prep, Exploration, Grad School, etc. The second option, Academic Advising, you can use for General Advising, Course Planning, General Questions, etc. Once you select your option, you will need to choose the right Division, which is "Academic Advising - Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)". When you select this option, you will see all of my available appointment times. Simply choose one, and let me know what you would like to meet about! You will receive a notification when I accept the appointment!