Non Work-Study (Standard)
Temporary, hourly; part-time jobs are funded 100% by colleges and departments.  They have flexible work hours designed to accommodate the class schedule.  The duties, responsibilities, and wage are determined by the employer.  Students should work a maximum of 20 hours  a week when classes are in session and as many as 40 hours during vacation breaks.  A student employed with more than one department needs to coordinate their schedule with both areas to not exceed work hour maximums. This program differs from Work-Study programs in that these jobs are not based on financial need.

Federal Work-Study (FWS)

The Federal Work-Study Program is a “need-based” financial aid program designed to assist students in earning money to meet their college expenses.  To be eligible, a student must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a work-study allocation of funds.  Each eligible student is awarded an amount of funds per semester that determines the maximum number of hours per week that may be worked.  For on-campus positions, the federal funds pay 90% of the student’s wage and the employer matches the other 10% of the wage and worker’s compensation, which is 1.5%. Students should contact the Financial Aid office located in the Enrollment Services Center if they are unsure about their federal work-study eligibility. The Financial Aid office's phone number is 541-552-6752.

Federal Work-Study recipients may also work off-campus.  Off-campus positions require a contract and the position must be community service based at a non-profit and/or government agency.  For off-campus positions, the federal funds pay 75% of the student’s wage and the employer matches the other 25% of the wage and worker’s compensation, which is 1.5%.  Contact the Payroll office at 541-552-8506 for more information.

America Reads Program

Through provisions in the Federal Work-Study Program, there are opportunities to teach reading and mathematics to area elementary school children and/or to work with family literacy programs.  Students interested in education, social work and family development should inquire at the School of Education.