Looking for something to do from the comfort of your home?
We have got a few ideas to keep you entertained.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! Join Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence at Home for a live daily doodle lesson at 11:00am MST. Videos will be available after live on the Kennedy Center YouTube channel.
- Join the McHarper Manor weekdays on Facebook for a daily art project tutorial. Art projects will range from watercolor paintings to chalk art to canvas painting and will take place live at 11:00am MST. Videos will be available after the live class on the McHarper Manor Facebook page.
- Missing group fitness classes or going to the gym? Check out the Planet Fitness Facebook page for live-streamed daily workouts several times a day. Is Yoga more your thing? Check out CorePower Yoga to keep up your practice from the comfort of your living room. Or join local Colorado fitness professional Alex Vaughan for live dance classes through their YouTube channel Zook Dance Fitness or learn a routine for a specific song from the previously recorded videos.
- For an introduction to mindfulness meditation that you can practice on your own, visit UCLA Health for downloadable guided meditations in both English and Spanish.
Virtual Tours and Museums
Experience the best museums from NYC to France to Seoul in the comfort of your own home. Check out these sites to go on virtual tours of different museums and specific exhibits.
- The Louvre
- National Gallery of Art
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- British Museum
Check out some cool places around the world from National Parks to National Landmarks.
- Go on a virtual field trip to Ellis Island
- Take a live look at Colonial Williamsburg
- Tour England through this 360 video
- Virtually discover Yellowstone National Park and 5 other National Parks thanks to virtual reality (and Google)!
- Talk a walk on the Great Wall of China
- Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Just want a cute and cuddly distraction? Check out several different animal live cam options from watching silly sea otters and curious elephants or just mellow out to the hypnotic drifting jellyfish.
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Explore Live Cams
- Did you know SOU provides all students, staff, and faculty access to video conferencing with Zoom and google hangouts through your email. This is a great way to “meet up” with your friends, classmates, and student organization members.
- Are you a leader of a student organization on campus? Check out our tips for running a virtual meeting with your student organization.
More Fun Things To Do!
- Check out the 25 Most Interesting Webcams of 2018
- Missing March Madness? Join CSI on Instagram for some March Madness fun of our own, Disney edition, everyday through our stories.
- Have a Netflix Party with friends while watching your favorite shows together!
- Choose from 15 Broadway plays and musicals that you can watch on stage from home. Musical television more your thing? Check out this list of 11 Musical TV Shows to binge watch while you’re home, in between your remote classes of course!
- Create a collaborative playlist with your friends or jam out to Rita Wilson’s Quarantunes playlist.
- Take up a new hobby such as making towel animals, crocheting, or choose from thousands of other tutorial videos on YouTube.
- Watch an Opera for free with the Metropolitan Opera
- Listen to a live recording from the Seattle Symphony
- Print off a free printable coloring page from the “Color Our Collections” campaign with coloring sheets from over 100 museums and libraries from around the world.
Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Southern Oregon University is continuously updating its information and guidance for the university community to address the changing status of COVID-19. Please visit the university’s website for more information about COVID-19 and its impacts to SOU, precautions that are being taken, prevention measures you can take and a compilation of frequently asked questions.
**Much gratitutde to our colleagues at CU Boulder for sharing their good work.**