Art in the Union is an opportunity to showcase the creativity of SOU students while building community in the Stevenson Union. This annual juried event will display the talent and creativity of our students while offering them an opportunity for recognition in a highly trafficked public space.
Who is eligible: All SOU students, alumni, staff and faculty
Work eligibility: Original creations in any media including painting, sculpture, ceramics, photography, multimedia, and fiber arts. At this time we are unable to accept art requiring electric or battery power.
Submission: Entries will be accepted until May 22nd at the Office of Student Life, Stevenson Union 312
There will be a reception on May 30th from 3:30-4:00pm in the SU to celebrate your accomplishment and the Art in the Union program.
Two required forms:
- Only one submission per entrant per year (a small series will be considered).
- Two-dimensional work must be professionally presented and ready to hang. We will consider three-dimensional works but have limited spaces.
- Entries that are not selected must be picked-up between Monday, May 7 at 8 am - Friday, May 25th at 5 pm in the Student Life Office (SU 312) or they may be discarded.
- Submission must be accompanied by a completed Entry Form and a Personal Property Loan Form. The form will include all pertinent contact information, questions about the media, inspiration, and display location suggestions for the piece. These responses will be considered during the judging process.
- Visual Impact
- Fulfillment of intent
- The community aspect of the display space
Please contact Danielle Mancuso, email@example.com or 541-552,8346