What to Know Before You Visit
In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the facility, many of our procedures have changed. Please be courteous and compassionate to staff and other members – we are in this together, and will stay safe by helping each other do the right thing.
The SU will offer limited services and patrons will be screened at the entrance. The SU will be open for the following:
- Tour the Social Justice & Equity Center and Multicultural Commons. Signups are available at tinyurl.com/SJECtour.
- Student Services Access
- Access to Elmo’s
- Commuter Students between classes
- Student Employees/Volunteers
- Bookstore Access
- The Courtyard on the main floor will provide the only public entrance to the SU.
- Patrons will be asked to provide their SOU ID or SOU ID number to the front desk to access the SU. If you don’t know your ID number, you can find it under the Personal Information section of Inside.sou.
- Patrons will be asked a set of screening questions before they are allowed to access the facility. If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will be asked to leave the facility and only return once you have spent 72 hours symptom-free without the help of medication, or 14 days after you have had contact with a person with COVID-19.
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES. Your covering must cover your nose and mouth.
- Please do not come to the SU if your body temperature is ABOVE 100°F, or if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms that are unrelated to a known pre-existing medical condition:
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Diarrhea/vomiting with or without respiratory symptoms
- New loss of taste or smell
- Don’t forget your water bottle! Our water fountains will be open to fill bottles, but the push bar and fountain will be closed.
- Please be aware of one-way traffic flows, and maintain a 6-foot distance between you and other patrons.