Join the Office of International Programs in celebrating SOU’s international diversity during International Education Week (IEW) November 12-16.
International Education Week is a joint initiative of the US Department of State and the US Department of Education to “promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences.” (https://iew.state.gov/)
We look forward to seeing you at SOU’s IEW 2018 celebration events!
ALL WEEK: INTERNATIONAL FOOD DRIVE
- Time/Location: 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 5pm in Stevenson Union, room 322
- Description: In the spirit of international exchange, the Office of International Programs is collecting non-perishable food and hygiene products to donate to the SOU Food Pantry at the end of IEW. Please bring your donations to SU 322, or donate directly to the SOU Food Pantry (SU 312G).
MONDAY, 11/12: FAMILY PASSPORT DAY
- Time/Location: 9am – 3pm in Stevenson Union, room 322
- Description: The Office of International Programs is a US Passport Acceptance Facility serving SOU as well as local community. Regular passport acceptance hours are Monday – Thursday from 9am - 11:30am. To celebrate IEW, we have extended hours November 12th. Please visit https://travel.state.gov for the list of documents needed to apply. Bring the family!
TUESDAY, 11/13: STUDY AWAY FAIR
- Time/Location: 10am – 2pm in Stevenson Union, Gallery room 323
- Description: Thinking of studying abroad? The Study Away Fair is a great way to discover your options to study abroad or at a participating school through the National Student Exchange (NSE). Representatives from 3 partner programs (API, GEO and IE3), exchange students and study away returnees will help answer all your questions. Special guests from Guanajuato, Mexico, Financial Aid, and the School of Business will be there too. Stop by and take the first step on your new adventure!
WEDNESDAY, 11/14: INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYMENT WORKSHOPS
Workshop 1 for Faculty/Staff Advising International Students
- Time/Location: 10am – 11am in Stevenson Union, room 319
- Description: ACPA webinar “Helping International Students Launch Their Careers: Best Practices Working with International Students”. This webinar by the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) discusses international students unique needs related to career advising and services. For a full description, see http://www.myacpa.org/events/helping-international-students-launch-their-careers.
Workshop 2 for F/J Visa International Students
- Time/Location: 3:30pm – 5:30pm in Stevenson Union, room 319
- Description: “International Students Working in the USA: What You Need to Know” is a workshop designed for F/J visa students. Come learn about employment options, legal processes, and cultural expectations related to the American workplace.
THURSDAY, 11/15: INTERNATIONAL CULTURE DAY
ASU Boba Tea Fundraiser and ISA Information Tables
- Time/Location: 12pm – 1:30pm in Stevenson Union Foyer (Courtyard weather permitting)
- Description: The Asian Student Union (ASU) and International Student Association (ISA) are tabling today. Stop by to learn about both clubs and purchase Boba Tea to help fund future ASU programs.
International Student Association Open House
- Time/Location: 5:30pm – 7:30pm in Stevenson Union, room 313
- Description: Meet students from around the world at the ISA Open House. Hot drinks, fun activities and community sharing. It is the last club meeting for 2018 – come celebrate with us!
FRIDAY, 11/16: STUDY AWAY INFORMATION, FOOD DRIVE FINALE & FRENCH CLUB
Study Away Information Session
- Time/Location: 10am – 12pm in Stevenson Union, room 319
- Description: Ready to learn more about studying away? Attend this general information session and explore your options to study abroad or in the USA through the National Student Exchange (NSE). Let us help you get started on your next adventure!
Food Drive Finale
- Time/Location: 1pm in Stevenson Union, room 322
- Description: The Office of International Programs will donate the collected food and products to the SOU Food Pantry at 1pm. Donations collected all week!
French Club Meeting
- Time/Location: 2:30pm – 3:30pm in Stevenson Union, room 318
- Description: Interested in French language and culture? Join the French Club! French club is starting preparations for their biggest event of the year, The French Dinner. It is a superb time to join the club, make new friends and get involved!
For more information about International Education Week programs, please contact the Office of International Programs. Stevenson Union, room 322. (541) 552-6336.