This July the Environmental Science & Policy program at SOU will be offering a course titled
ES 408/508: Ecoadventure: Andes to Amazon - 6 credits*
Destinations will include:
- Mindo Wildlife Canopy Tour
- Butterfly and Hummingbird Gardens
- Mitad del Mundo
- Upper Amazon Basin (Papallacta Hot Springs/Volcano)
- Kichwa School Visits and community Visits
- Hiking and animal wildlife rescue center in upper Amazon basin
- Napo River (Amazon tributary) rafting excursion
- Balsa wood workshop and handcrafts demonstrations
- Rio Pastaza Canyon and El Pailon del Diablo Tours
- Banos, Ecuador town visits
- Cotopaxi National Park and Limpiopungo Lake
- Pifo Farm work with local families
- Otavalo Craft Markets
- Pacmanca Cooking Class
- Quito, Ecuador Tours
If you are interested in learning more about the course, please let me know by completing this form.
I will send you periodic emails regarding trip updates, registration deadlines, exact costs, etc.
*Students will additionally be responsible for the tuition associated with a 6 credit summer course.