Submit a Program Proposal for the OWHE Annual Conference 2020!
The 40th Annual OWHE Conference will take place January 31-February 1, 2020 at Salishan Resort on the Oregon Coast, and the call for program proposals is open now through September 3rd! Do you have something you’d like to share with higher education professionals across Oregon? Submit a proposal here: https://www.owhe.org/call-proposals.
The Education Committee will use the following metrics to review and rate all proposals:
- RELEVANCE - Content aligns with OWHE’s vision, mission, and values
- OUTCOMES - Stated outcomes are clear and provide participants with specific takeaways
- SCOPE - The session is applicable to a broad audience (different functional areas, levels of experience, institution types, etc.) and considers various forms of engagement
- COLLABORATION - Presenter(s) demonstrates collaboration across institutions, functional areas, and/or levels of experience
OWHE’s goal is to have a diverse set of programs that do the following:
- align with our mission, vision, and values*
- provide tangible takeaways for the OWHE membership and conference attendees
- focus on skill-building, practical tools, and/or best practices
- engage participants in multiple ways
We encourage presenters to collaborate across campuses and/or with colleagues of different backgrounds and years in the field in order to provide perspectives that may impact larger OWHE audiences. Providing handouts for your audience members is encouraged and should be accessible and inclusive of learning and engagement preferences.
In an effort to provide relevant and quality programming for our conference attendees, selected programs may enter a review process in which the presenter(s) will be given notes and feedback (if applicable) from our selection committee and time to review, revise, and improve their program.
Deadline to Submit a Proposal: September 3, 2019
Notification to Applicants: September 18, 2019
If you have any questions about the submission form or process, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Review OWHE’s Vision, Mission, and Values on the website: https://owhe.org/about-us