The Veterans and Military Family Resources at Southern Oregon University is committed to serving students based on a framework of integrity, serving others, and excellence in student support. We do this by creating regular programming, educating the university community through outreach initiatives, and partnering with campus and community agencies in support of the Military affiliated population at SOU.
We provide assistance to Veterans and Military Families as they work to achieve their educational and personal goals at the university. We welcome our Military, Veterans, and their families. We are thankful for your service.
Additional information about our space and what we may provide:
- Located on the 3rd floor of the Stevenson Union with a computer lab, couches, lockers, and a kitchenette
- We provide a dedicated space for Veterans and Military Families to work on homework, print papers for their classes, as well as a place to connect and network with others in our community
- We assist with benefit information and applications, help students work through the admissions process, and assist with class and major selection
- In a partnership with our career support staff and other agencies, we provide information and resources on career programs and job placement opportunities
- There are a number of programs, events, and outreach initiatives each month in support of our students' transition into the college
- We assist a student in locating resources related to health and wellness, stress and time management, financial planning, to include other related areas