***COVID-19 Alert - The VRC space will be CLOSED temporarily until further notice. Our staff is available to assist during this time via email VRC@sou.edu. For anything related to benefits, email email@example.com.***
Welcome, Veterans, Military, and family members!
To begin your journey at SOU, we have created a general guide below to help you get started. Veterans and Miitary Family Resources are standing by to assist you as you work through this process.
Apply for admission to SOU. Connect with the VRC Coordinator to discuss the enrollment process, and learn about the next steps as you move forward.
-Veterans, National Guard/Reserve, Active Duty Application Fee Waiver (effective 3/3/20), for assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org-Take a virtual tour of the campus by clicking here.
- Apply for benefits (as applicable):
- VA education benefits Click here
- State or Federal TA (USAF TA, Army TA, Navy/Marine TA, Coast Guard), or other benefit programs
- FAFSA, Click here for SOU Financial Aid Information
Submit all required admissions documents and transcripts. For a review of previous military training, students should also have an official copy of their Military transcript sent to SOU.
- Contact your Student Success Coordinator (Advisor) based on your area of study, click here for more details.
- VA Certification, Other Benefit Programs: Please click here for resources regarding different benefit options
- Find your study space in the VRC! 3rd floor Room 301-Stevenson Union:
-Great place to connect with other students
-Study/work on a paper, print a short reading for class,
-Store your school materials in a locker
-Relax in between classes