The student must be enrolled in the high school class at the beginning of the school year or the beginning of the term if it is a one semester class. The high school instructor will distribute instruction forms to students who desire to earn university credit for the course. Tuition payment will be made at the time of registration. Students may enroll for no more than 18 credits per term which is the maximum allowed for a full-time undergraduate student at SOU. Please mail the completed enrollment form along with payment in the form of check, money order, or credit card number.
Fill out your enrollment form at sou.edu/youth/asc (no longer available)
- Gather course and credit information from each of your participating instructors.
- Students who plan to enroll in English 105 or Writing 122 must have earned a B- or above in the first term class.
- Complete the enrollment form online.
- You may print the form for your records before submitting online. SOU does NOT need a paper copy.
- Tuition will be assessed at $43 per credit or $172 for a typical 4 credit course. Classes that are not 4 credits will be noted as such in the online course selection menu. Maximum 18 credits allowed.
- If a school or other organization has agreed to pay a part or all of the fees as a scholarship, please indicate that in the payment section and we will work with that organization to obtain payment in time to register you.
- Pay online with Visa or Mastercard. Or, attach a note with student’s name on the exact-amount cash or check payment, and deliver to:
By Mail (checks only):
By Hand (cash or checks):
By Hand (cash or checks):
|SOU Pre-College Youth Programs||SOU Div of Continuing Education||SOU Higher Education Center|
|1250 Siskiyou Blvd||1388 Siskiyou Blvd (next to Omar’s)|| 101 S Bartlett St, Ste 102
(to right of Welcome Desk through glass door)
|Ashland, OR 97520||Ashland||Medford|
Registration and drop information
You will be registered for your class(es) soon after we receive your enrollment form along with full payment.
If you need to drop a class, all drop requests must be made to our office in writing (regular mail or email) by the due date listed below. Grades become part of your permanent college record and can affect future scholarship awards, so please make note of these dates in case you’re struggling in the class.
For students on a semester system ->
Payment and online form due to SOU
October 2, 2017
Latest drop date for full refund, no grade penalty.
No refunds after this date.
October 13, 2017
Latest drop date for "W" on transcript
("Withdrawn" - no effect on GPA)
October 27, 2017
SOU does not require the disclosure of the student's Social Security Number on the Enrollment Form. However, we must have the student’s SSN for reporting qualified tuition through the 1098-T form as outlined in the Internal Revenue Code section 6050S. If you want to claim tuition expenses on your tax return and haven’t previously submitted a W-9S form to us, please complete Part I of the W-9S tax form (found at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9s.pdf) by entering the student’s name and Social Security Number, and return it to SOU Business Services, Attn: Tina Cripe, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland OR 97520.
Deadlines for registration are communicated to the high school students by their ASC teachers. Students missing the deadline for registration and wishing to register late may do so only at the discretion of the Division of Continuing Education. Requests for late registration will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be done within the term that the class is aligned with SOU. Most first semester classes are aligned with SOU's fall term and most second semester classes are aligned with SOU's winter term. There is NO retroactive credit available if you don't register within the term it's offered.