The Office of the Dean of Students supports our campus community and promotes individual student success and retention. Please submit an SOU Cares Note for all concerns so we can assist individuals and communities in need of support or intervention. You may contact us through email, scheduling links, phone, or fax lines listed below. Use 911 for immediate response to emergencies. Please see below for information and links for COVID, SOU Cares Notes, contacting the staff, scheduling information for care coordinators, scheduling for legal services, and information on connection and support groups.
COVID-19: Link to updates and notifications
Emergencies, Alerts, and Notifications:
Use 911 for emergencies - The regional 911 dispatch center dispatches all emergency response personnel, including Campus Public Safety, Ashland Police, and Ashland Fire and Rescue.
You may also sign up for SOU Alerts and Notifications on the SOU Campus Notifications website.
SOU Cares System:
We encourage a culture of supporting one another at SOU. Click here to send a note to the SOU Cares System.
Contact the Office of the Dean of Students:
- Dean of Students and Director of Student Life, Dr. Carrie Vath: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Dean of Students and Director of Engagement and Support Programs, janelle wilson: email@example.com
- Care Coordinator, Emily Holgen: firstname.lastname@example.org, Link to schedule with Emily Holgen
- Care Coordinator, Serena Muswieck: email@example.com, Link to schedule with Serena Muswieck
- Coordinator of Student Conduct and Restorative Justice, Victoria Goodson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator for Career Services, Max Brooks: email@example.com
SOU Office of the Dean of Students, Southern Oregon University, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, OR 97520