Welcome. We are here for you.
The Office of the Dean of Students supports our campus community and promotes individual student success and retention.
**Use 911 for immediate response to urgent threats. 911 dispatches Campus Public Safety, Ashland Police, and Ashland Fire and Rescue.
COVID-19: Updates and notifications
- The Office of the Dean of Students is here to support you. Please see below for how to schedule with one of our case managers, the lawyer for SOU students, or how to connect with one of the other members of our office.
- You may also sign up for SOU Alerts and Notifications on the SOU Campus Notifications website.
Schedule with a Case Manager:
Our two case managers are available to meet with you via phone. Click on the links below to schedule an appointment or look for them in the EAB Navigate app:
Connection and Support Groups:
Register to attend one of our support groups below. If you have questions, reach out to the facilitator directly. All groups will be held via Zoom meeting to maintain physical distancing requirements.
- Support From a Distance: facilitated by Emily Holgen, this group meets Tuesdays and Fridays from 2-3pm
- A group for students who may feel isolated, missing connection, or wanting to find a way to connect to others.
- Chronic Pain and Chronic Illness Support Group: facilitated by Emily Holgen, this group meets Thursdays from 1-2pm
- A peer-led group supporting students who experience chronic pain, chronic illness, and/or frequent illness. Regular attendance is not required--drop-ins are always welcome.
- Anxiety Relief Group: facilitated by Joan Anderson, this group meets Mondays from 1:30-2:30pm and Tuesdays from 4-5pm
- Learn and practice skills in a small group setting to identify and change thought patterns to reduce anxiety.
- Body Acceptance Group Support (BAGS): facilitated by Autumn Doshier, this group meets every other Thursday from 6:30-8pm
- A group for students looking for a safe space to explore their relationship to their body and food. This group promotes Health At Every Size (HAES) and an opportunity to restore and compassionately make peace with the body. All genders welcome.
- In This Together (Grief, Loss, and Change Support Group): facilitated by Elizabeth Van Driel and Autumn Doshier, this group meets Tuesdays from 5-6pm
- A support group for students working through various aspects of grief and loss through this unpredictable experience and new way of being. The group explores different types of grief including concrete loss and those that are more difficult to articulate right now including the loss of safety, loss of routine, and loss of meaning and purpose.
- LGBTQIA+ Sexual Assault Survivors Healing (SASH): facilitated by Alex Sylvester this group meets Wednesdays from 12-1pm. Contact Alex for registration information for the Zoom call.
- A support group for SOU students to heal from recent or past sexual violence.
Schedule with the Lawyer for SOU Students:
ASSOU funds a private attorney who provide legal assistance for students. Assistance includes questions about court, starting a business, interest in law school, and much more.
Students are entitled to a free half hour consultation and can often obtain a referral to other professionals through this resource.
- For an appointment with the lawyer for SOU students, call 541-552-6223.
We encourage and support a culture of reporting at SOU:
- Information on SOU reporting options may be found here on the Reporting Link
Contact the Office of the Dean of Students:
- Dean of Students and Director of Student Life, Taylor Burke: email@example.com
- Associate Dean of Students, Janelle Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Case Manager, Joan Anderson: email@example.com
- Case Manager, Emily Holgen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Conduct Coordinator, Victoria Goodson: email@example.com