The Office of the Dean of Students supports our campus community and promotes individual student success and retention.
**Use 911 for immediate response to urgent threats. 911 dispatches Campus Public Safety, Ashland Police, and Ashland Fire and Rescue.
Fall Hours and Appointments:
Please contact us by phone, email, or scheduling links for appointments.
Mondays - Friday 9am-5pm
COVID-19: Updates and notifications
- The Office of the Dean of Students is here to support you. Please see below for how to schedule with one of our case managers, the lawyer for SOU students, or how to connect with one of the other members of our office.
- You may also sign up for SOU Alerts and Notifications on the SOU Campus Notifications website.
Schedule with a Case Manager:
Our two case managers are available to meet with you via phone. Click on the links below to schedule an appointment or look for them in the EAB Navigate app:
Connection and Support Groups:
Below is information about support groups available for our students. Register to attend by clicking the link below. If you have questions, reach out to the facilitator directly. Groups will be held via Zoom meeting to maintain physical distancing requirements.
Anxiety Relief Group: Mondays from 4:00 to 5:00 pm through Zoom. Facilitated by Joan Anderson, Office of the Dean of Students.
- Learn and Practice skills in a small group setting to identify and change thought patterns to reduce anxiety. Drop-ins are welcome. No regular attendance required. To access this group, contact Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Recovery in Education (CORE): Tuesdays from 12:30 to 1:30pm through Zoom. Facilitated by Student Health and Wellness Center Staff.
- Supports and promotes the academic success, recovery, and well-being of SOU students recovering from addiction by providing an authentic student-centered community and robust recovery support services and programming. To access this program, contact Anna D’Amato email@example.com.
- This group will be a space for sharing experiences and receiving support for all students impacted by the recent fires in Southern Oregon and the West Coast. Drop-ins are welcome and regular attendance is not required. To access this support group, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LGBTQIA+ Sexual Assault Survivors Healing (SASH): Tuesdays from 3:00pm to 4:00 pm through Zoom. Facilitated by Alex Sylvester, Social Justice and Equity Center.
- A support group for LGBTQIA+ SOU students and community members to heal from recent and past sexual violence. To access this group, please contact Alex at email@example.com.
Women’s Sexual Assault Survivors Healing (SASH): Wednesdays from 12:00 to 1:00 pm through Zoom. Facilitated by Lezley Sanders, Jackson County Sexual Assault Response Team.
- A support group for SOU Women and Femme students and community members to heal from recent and past sexual violence. To access this group, please contact Lezley Sanders by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 541.840.6672.
Chronic Pain and Chronic Illness Support Group: Wednesdays from 3:30pm to 4:30 pm through Zoom. Facilitated by Emily Holgen, Office of the Dean of Students.
- This peer led group supports students who experience chronic pain, chronic illness, and/or frequent illness. Drop-ins are welcome. No regular attendance required. To access this group, contact Emily at email@example.com.
Body Acceptance Group Support (BAGS): Every other Thursday from 6:30pm to 8:00pm through Zoom. Facilitated by Autumn Doshier, this group begins on November 12, 2020. Pre-registration is required by contacting Autumn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A support group for SOU students looking for a safe space to explore their relationship to their body and food. This group promotes Health At Every Size (HAES) and an opportunity to restore and compassionately make peace with the body. All genders welcome. This group will be held via Zoom to maintain social distancing.
Schedule with the Lawyer for SOU Students:
ASSOU funds a private attorney who provides legal assistance for students. Assistance includes questions about court, starting a business, interest in law school, and much more.
Students are entitled to a free half-hour consultation and can often obtain a referral to other professionals through this resource.
- For an appointment with the lawyer for SOU students, write to email@example.com and include your name and phone number.
We encourage and support a culture of reporting at SOU:
- Information on SOU reporting options may be found here on the Reporting Link
Contact the Office of the Dean of Students:
- Dean of Students, Taylor Burke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Dean of Students and Director of Engagement and Support Programs, Janelle Wilson: email@example.com
- Case Manager, Joan Anderson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Case Manager, Emily Holgen: email@example.com
- Coordinator of Student Conduct and Restorative Justice, Victoria Goodson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinator for Career Services, Max Brooks: email@example.com