The Consortium form allows students to concurrently enroll at SOU and another institution and have their combined credit load serve as a basis for establishing financial aid eligibility.
Requirements for Dual Enrolling:
- The student must be fully admitted and pursuing a degree with SOU.
- The student may only enroll in credits that lead to completion of the program declared as the student's major and that they are not able to take at SOU. They must be courses offered at SOU that you are unable to take due to the class being full or not being offered a particular term that you need to take in order to graduate on time. Students must also provide supporting documentation.
- Audited courses and classes under the 100 level (and math classes under the 60 level) do not count as enrolled hours for funding.
- At least half of your credit load must be taken at SOU and the student must be enrolled at least half-time with SOU.
- The student's academic progress on combined credits will be monitored on a term-by-term basis by SOU.
- The student must agree and sign to the the terms listed on the coenrollment form.
- The student must turn in a completed coenrollment form per the requirements listed on the form with all required documents to the Enrollment Service Office or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. There are no exceptions to the deadline. Any incomplete forms will be turned away and considered late if not turned in by the deadline.
Consortium Agreement forms for 2018-19 must be received in our office by:
|Fall||September 10, 2018|
|Winter||December 21, 2018|
|Spring||March 11, 2019|
|Summer**||June 10, 2019|
Please be sure to read the form thoroughly as you will be expected to maintain eligibility based on the terms of the agreement.
**Summer requires a Summer Financial Aid Application as well as the Consortium Agreement by the deadline. The Application becomes available on the Summer Financial Aid page the Spring term before Summer term begins. The application typically becomes available in mid-April until June 30.