Spring term 2021: The Class Schedule for Spring term includes the current teaching delivery method (e.g., in-person, hybrid, remote or online delivery). Check footnotes for additional information on course delivery.
Summer term 2021: The Class Schedule for Summer term includes the current teaching delivery method (e.g., in-person, hybrid, remote or online delivery). Check footnotes for additional information on course delivery. Registration for Summer term will begin March 15th.
Fall term 2021: SOU is looking forward to returning to primarily in-person instruction for Fall term. Should pandemic restrictions persist longer than anticipated, SOU will modify course delivery to assure our community remains safe and healthy. Monitor your SOU email for any updates. In addition, the course delivery column and footnotes in this Class Schedule will always have the most up-to-date information. The Fall Class Schedule will go live on April 12th. Registration for Fall will begin on May 3rd.
As you review the class schedule, please keep in mind these terms and definitions:
- Classroom (in-person): Course requires in-person attendance, with safety protocols in place.
- Remote Delivery : Course is typically offered in a synchronous format where students must attend via video conference at specified times.
- Online : Course is typically offered in an asynchronous format where materials can be accessed at different times and attendance at a set time is not required.
- Hybrid : Course that combines traditional, in-person attendance with some online learning activities.
- Asynchronous : Courses do not require students and instructors to be online at the same time.
- Synchronous : Courses that require students and instructors to be online at the same time.