2022 - 2023 Academic Year Housing Rates
Shasta Hall Double - $3,219 per quarter / $9,657 per year
4 person suite with 2 shared rooms and a shared bathroom
Shasta Hall Single - $3,921 per quarter / $11,763 per year
2 person suite with 2 single rooms and a shared bathroom
McLoughlin Hall Double - $3,390 per quarter / $10,170 per year
4 person suite with 2 shared rooms & 2 shared baths with a common living space
McLoughlin Hall Single - $4,212 per quarter / $12,636 per year
4 person suite with 4 single rooms & 2 shared baths with a common living space
McLoughlin Hall Super Single - $4,633 per quarter / $13,899 per year
2 person suite with 2 single rooms and 2 baths with a common living space
McLoughlin Hall Studio Single - $4,727 per quarter / $14,181 per year
1 person suite with private bathroom
Madrone Apartment Single - $4,399 per quarter / $13,197 per year
4 single rooms with 2 shared baths with a common living and kitchen space
(Typically for returners, transfer students, and over 21 years of age)
All rooms come furnished and include utilities (water, sewer, heat, AC, electricty, wired and wireless internet, cable, movie streaming website).
Red Plan - Unlimited meals, $100 Raider Cash, 10 guest meals
Black Plan - 17 meals per week, $150 Raider Cash, 20 guest meals
Cost: $2,050 per quarter / $6,150 for the year for the above meal plans
(S) Plan - 14 meals per week, $150 Raider Cash, 10 guest meals
(O) Plan - 12 meals per week, $250 Raider Cash, 10 guest meals
(U) Plan - 10 meals per week, $350 Raider Cash, 10 guest meals
Cost: $1,705 per quarter / $5,115 for the year for the above meal plans
Rocky Plan - 10 meals per week, $100 Raider Cash
Cost: $1,390 per quarter / $4,170 per year for the above meal plan
Madrone Apartment Plans
Raider Cash Plan - $900 Raider Cash per quarter
Cost - $900 per quarter / $2,700 per year for the above meal plans
Hawk Plan - 5 meals per week, $400 Raider Cash, 5 guest meals
Cost - $950 per quarter / $2,850 per year for the above meal plans
Remember, all first year students, within one year of high school graduation, must have either the Red or Black Plan
All students living in the Residence Halls must have a meal plan. Madrone Apartment plans are only available for the Madrone Apartment residents.
Community Meal Plans
If you’re not living on campus, consider our Community Meal Plan options. Community Meal Plans are available for students, staff, and faculty.
For more information on Community Meal Plans, please visit: https://sou.campus-dining.com/meal-plans/
Meal Plan FAQ
When do meal plans reset?
All residential meal plans reset weekly every Sunday at 11:59pm and are only applicable to meals at The Hawk. Raider Cash rolls over from term to term, but not from year to year. Any remaining Raider Cash will become forfeit at the end of the school year.
How can I purchase a Community meal plan?
- You can purchase a meal by contacting SOU Dining at 541-552-6042 or visiting the Administration Office at The Hawk in the Dining Commons. Cash, check, credit card, and charging SOU student accounts are accepted. All Residential Meal Plans are facilitated through University Housing as part of your room and board selection.
What does “price per meal” mean?
- The “price per meal” is the dollar amount that each meal will average out depending on the plan selected. For example, if you purchase the Ashland Plan which costs $170 for 20 meals, each meal averages out to $8.50. Whereas if you purchase the Raider Plan that costs $565 for 65 meals, each meal averages out to $7.50 instead of paying the door rate.
Where are the meals used?
- Meals are used at The Hawk only. Please click here for hours of operation.
What is Raider Cash and where can I use it?
- Raider Cash is a credit on your account that is similar to a gift card. You can spend Raider Cash at The Landing, Elmo’s, Einstein’s, and Southern Grounds by swiping your card. You can also use Raider Cash at The Hawk to pay for your meal instead of using a meal swipe. Additionally, the vending machines located around campus also accept Raider Cash.
Am I allowed to add money to my meal plan account at any time?
- Yes, if at any time you need to add Raider Cash to your meal plan account you certainly can do so by contacting SOU Dining at 541-552-6042 or visiting the Administration Office at The Hawk in the Dining Commons.
Where do I bill event meals to an index code?
- To bill event meals to an index code, please reach out to the respective dining locations at least three business days prior to the event. For non-SOU affiliated groups, please reach out to SOU Conferences at email@example.com.The Hawk: firstname.lastname@example.org Stevenson Union & Southern Grounds: email@example.com