The Provost's Office oversees the faculty, curriculum, and some student support programs and services at Southern Oregon University.
Susan Walsh is the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Professor of Communication at Southern Oregon University. She earned a Ph.D. in Communication and Society from the University of Oregon. Dr. Walsh serves on the Oregon Statewide Provosts Council and the Southern Oregon Success (SORS) Key Leaders Council. She is a member of the Southern Oregon Regional Development, Inc. (SOREDI) Board of Directors, and is the current Chair of the Governing Board for Southern Oregon PBS.
Prior to moving into administration in 2010, Provost Walsh taught for 25 years in SOU's Department of Communication. Her teaching and research interests have focused on the social construction of race and gender within various forms of human and electronic communication.
Susan Walsh, PhD
- Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Professor of Communication
Jody Waters, PhD
- Associate Provost and Director of Graduate Studies
- Associate Professor of Communication
Karen Stone, PhD
- Associate Vice President for Academic Resource Management
- Professor of Biology
- Budget Officer
- Academic Resource Officer
- Executive Assistant to the Provost
- Graduate Studies Support Specialist
SOU Academic Affairs
Churchill Hall 112
1250 Siskiyou Boulevard
Ashland, OR 97520