Rogue Valley Transportation District (RVTD) and Southern Oregon University (SOU) partner to bring free bus passes to current SOU staff and faculty through the TouchPass system. With TouchPass, eligible employees use a smart card or the TouchPass app on their smart phones to validate fare.
Creating a TouchPass Account
If you do not have a TouchPass account, you will first need to create one following these steps:
- Select ONE of two options for your bus pass:
- Smart phone with the TouchPass mobile app, or
- Smart card, that you may pick-up at the Service Center front desk (if you select the smart card, you must have the card prior to registering your account).
- Create your TouchPass account by downloading the free "TouchPass Transit App" through your selected app store or by going to the TouchPass website.
- Select your method of pass (mobile app or smart card). When creating an account via the mobile app, enter smart card number or select "I don't have a card" to proceed with the mobile app option.
- Complete the information using your SOU email address (@sou.edu).
Applying Bus Pass to Account
Once you have created your account, bring your smart card number or email account is associated with to the Service Center. Staff will apply the staff and faculty pass to your account.
How long is the bus pass good for?
Bus pass are good for one week prior to the start of the term to one week after the following term begins.
Do I have to get a new pass every term?
Yes, bus passes are good for one term and to continue receiving the benefit you must verify employment and have the pass applied to your account each term.
When is the bus pass available for the next term?
Bus pass are typically available one week prior to the start of the term.
Is there a cutoff for when I can receive a pass during a term?
No. As long as you are eligible, you may come into the Service Center at any time during the term to receive a pass.
Can I change my mind about the type of pass I use?
Yes, but you will have to create a new account and come to the Service Center to re-add the pass.
What should I do if I lose my smart card?
Come into the Service Center and we will assist you.
Is there a charge for replacing my lost smart card?
Yes, a $2.00 charge will be placed on your SOU account for every smart card replaced.
Bus passes and smart cards are available in the Service Center Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For more information contact the Service Center at 541-552-6700.