Rogue Valley Transportation District (RVTD) and Southern Oregon University (SOU) partner to bring free bus passes to current SOU staff and faculty through the UMO Pass system. With UMO Pass, eligible employees use a smart card or the UMO Pass app on their smart phones to validate fare.
Creating a UMO Pass Account
If you do not have a UMO Pass account, you will first need to create one following these steps:
- For your bus pass, use your smart phone with the UMO Pass mobile app, or
- Create your UMO Pass account by downloading the free "UMO Pass Transit App" through your selected app store or by going to the UMO Pass website.
- Select your method of pass: Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/umo-mobility/id1540611257 Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cubic.ctp.app
- Complete the information using your SOU email address (@sou.edu).
Applying Bus Pass to Account
Once you have created your account you may receive your bus pass. This may be done one of two ways:
- Email- Email your request to add a staff/faculty bus pass to firstname.lastname@example.org. This request must be from your assigned SOU email account to verify eligibility and include your smart card number or email assigned to your account.
- In person- Bring in your smart card number or email assigned to your UMO Pass account to the front counter of the Service Center anytime Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
How long is the bus pass good for?
Bus pass are good for one week prior to the start of the term to one week after the following term begins.
Do I have to get a new pass every term?
Yes, bus passes are good for one term and to continue receiving the benefit you must verify employment and have the pass applied to your account each term.
When is the bus pass available for the next term?
Bus pass are typically available one week prior to the start of the term.
Is there a cutoff for when I can receive a pass during a term?
No. As long as you are eligible, you may come into the Service Center at any time during the term to receive a pass.
Can I change my mind about the type of pass I use?
Yes, but you will have to create a new account and come to the Service Center to re-add the pass.
What should I do if I lose my smart card?
Come into the Service Center and we will assist you.
Is there a charge for replacing my lost smart card?
Yes, a $2.00 charge will be placed on your SOU account for every smart card replaced.
Bus passes and smart cards are available in the Service Center Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For more information contact the Service Center at 541-552-6700.