The SOU McNair Program accepts applications during Spring and Fall term.
During the application period, application packets are available to download in PDF format through this webpage. Instructions are included in the application packet; however, after reviewing the forms in the downloaded application packet and completing the Step One Form, students considering applying to the program are encouraged to visit the McNair Office to meet with a representative to review the program eligibility criteria on your completed Step One Form prior to initiating the entire application process and requesting letters of recommendation. Completed application packets are turned in, in person, at the McNair Office in Susanne Homes Hall and are reviewed with the applicant to finalize the application check-in process prior to the posted deadline.
2018 McNair Cohort Applications will be accepted October 2-November 1, 2017
Application will be available for download here during open application period.
Students who are eligible to apply for the 2018 Cohort of the SOU McNair Program must meet federally defined eligibility standards which include:
- Are enrolled undergraduate students at SOU and have never received a baccalaureate degree
- Are Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors
- Plan to be an enrolled SOU undergraduate student at least through Fall 2018 (December 2018)
- Have demonstrated strong academic potential (GPA of 2.75 or higher)
- Meet these Citizenship and/or Residency requirements
- Meet one of the two eligibility categories (A or B) or both eligibility categories listed below (A and B):
- McNair Applicants can download the template for the required Curriculum Vitae here. (PDF)
- Qualified applicants will be invited for an interview with the SOU Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program Advisory Council during the term in which they applied. Applicants will be notified of the selection decisions by the end of the term in which they applied.
- Applicants who are selected to be McNair Scholars will be required to provide official transcripts from all prior colleges and universities attended and may be required to provide copies of income tax forms to verify eligibility.
- If you have specific questions regarding the SOU McNair Program application process, please call 541-552-8310, email firstname.lastname@example.org , or come to the McNair office in Susanne Homes Hall, room 408.