The Sponsored Programs Office (SPO) supports SOU faculty and staff in pursuing and managing sponsored funding opportunities. We work with Principal Investigators (PIs) and Project Directors throughout the lifecycle of grants and sponsored contracts, from proposal development to post-award management.
SPO provides the following services:
- Identifying and sharing funding opportunities
- Assisting with the development of proposals and budgets for submission to external funding agencies
- Negotiating terms on grants and contracts, in conjunction with SOU’s legal team
- Providing oversight for the effective post-award administration of funded projects, in partnership with SOU Business Services
- Complying with federal, state, and University regulations and other appropriate guiding principles
- Advancing best practices in effective administration of sponsored projects
- Empowering faculty and staff to pursue funding opportunities through training workshops and individual support
- Promoting a campus culture of seeking external funding opportunities
Visit the Sponsored Programs' online resource guide for further details on seeking and managing awards.
Ready to get started? Complete the Intent to Submit Form.
As always, please contact the Sponsored Programs Office (email@example.com) to get the process started and receive assistance with your funding opportunity.
If you are looking for information on compliance in research using human subjects, please visit SOU's Institutional Review Board site.