Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Specialist Program is designed for special educators and speech language pathologists holding a communication disorders endorsement to add the ASD Specialist designation to their Oregon teaching license. The complete program of study is 19 credits.
Courses in the ASD Program are also available to other educators wishing to gain knowledge and skills about ASD. Individual courses may be taken to upgrade skills and knowledge.
- Students can complete the program in one or two years.
- Courses are held via Zoom technology.
- ASD Specialist Program of Study
- Capstone activity for the ASD Specialist Program is a professional portfolio.
- The ASD Specialist can be incorporated into the Master's in Education program by completing additional courses.
- Students must apply to the Southern Oregon University Graduate School.
- Students who have graduated from SOU with the MAT or MSEd degree will not need to reapply to the Graduate School.. Please email Anita Caster (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you fall into this category.
For program questions and information contact the program advisor – Dr. Megan Farnsworth (541-552-8390, email@example.com)
For Program Application information:
For Licensure Application information:
For Program information:
Dr. Jo-Anne Lau-Smith