Currently licensed teachers can add the Special Education endorsement through SOU's Endorsement Program. The SOU Special Education Endorsement Program is a 32-credit program which is taught in a semi-cohort model. Candidates enter the program during the summer term and complete the program in either a one or two-year cycle. The summer courses are offered face-to-face. The fall, winter, and spring courses are delivered face-to-face in the evenings and via Zoom for those at a distance.
- Candidates can complete the endorsement in one or two years.
- Most Added Endorsement courses will be crosslisted and scheduled at the same time as the Preliminary Special Education courses. Please see the "Class Schedule" on SOU's website.
- Endorsement can be completed while teaching in either a special education or general education setting. Those in a general education setting must receive district approval.
- Endorsement can be incorporated into the Master in Education program. Students would complete an additional 29 credits for the master's degree.
- Students must apply to the Southern Oregon University Graduate School.
- Students who have graduated from SOU with the MAT or MSEd degree will not need to reapply to the SOU Graduate School. Please email Anita Caster (email@example.com), if you fall into this category.
- Added Endorsement Program of Study
- Master's in Education/SPED Program of Study
For admission questions contact Anita Caster (541-552-6996, firstname.lastname@example.org);
For program questions and information contact the program advisor – Dr. Gerry McCain (541-552-6934, email@example.com)