Soul Dunston-Jones is a sophomore majoring in Criminology and Criminal Justice with a minor in psychologg. She hopes to one day be a police officer in New York City and in her free time enjoys playing video games, exploring Ashland, and horseback riding.
Star Knight is a senior Psychology student who is passionate about connecting nontraditional students to resources and academic support. When not at school she loves to chase her two kiddos around the Science Works museum, share her music, and relax with restoration yoga.
Jennifer Riddick is a junior majoring in Sociology/Anthropology who plans on going to grad school in hopes to become a high school guidance counselor. She is the president of the SOU Dance Club and loves to teach students how to dance and perform. In her free time, she loves going to Downtown Ashland with her friends, watching plays at the local theater, and getting involved with on campus activities.
Justine Young is a senior Psychology student with Biology and Outdoor Adventure Leadership minors. She is a member of the Honors College and Secretary of the Asian Student Union. In her free time, she loves traveling, hiking, and exploring new places in Oregon.
- Look up jobs and internship opportunities on Handshake. Social Science majors may also find opportunities that align with their values and interests at idealist.org.
- Design professional resumes and cover letters using SOU's resume builder: Resumes for America.
- Research and compare different careers with the Occupational Outlook Handbook or O*Net Online.
- Make an appointment with Max Brooks or Lea Griess to discuss career research and action strategies.
- Watch Emilie Wapnick's Ted Talk titled, "Why Some of Us don't have One True Calling" for insight on multipotentialites.