Social Science Student Leadership Team
Jennifer is a senior majoring in Sociology & Anthropology. She plans on going to grad school in hopes to become a high school guidance counselor. She is the president of the SOU Dance Club and loves to teach students how to dance and perform. In her free time, she loves going to Downtown Ashland with her friends, watching plays at the local theater, and getting involved with campus activities.
Kyle is a junior majoring in Economics and Political Science, and talks about both more often than necessary. Outside of school he enjoys playing video games and hanging out with friends and leading or attending SOU ECON club events.
Madison is a senior majoring in psychology and working towards nursing school. She hopes to become a labor and delivery nurse one day. She values connecting with people in her community and building relationships. When she's not working or at school she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, as well as exploring new coffee shops.
Patsy is a junior majoring in history and is studying abroad in England fall term. She plans to go to grad school to pursue Public History and other archival work. She loves watching old documentaries and classic war movies. In her free time, you would probably find her out for a hike, volunteering for Southern Oregon Historical Society, or baking something for her friends.
Soul is a junior majoing in Criminology & Criminal Justice and is studying abroad in England fall term. She hopes to one day be a police officer in New York City. In her free time enjoys playing video games, exploring Ashland, and horseback riding.
Career Exploration, Research & Action
- Look up jobs and internship opportunities on Handshake. Social Science majors may also find opportunities that align with their values and interests at idealist.org.
- Design professional resumes and cover letters using SOU's resume builder: Resumes for America.
- Research and compare different careers with the Occupational Outlook Handbook or O*Net Online.
- Make an appointment with Max Brooks or Lea Griess to discuss career research and action strategies.
- Watch Emilie Wapnick's Ted Talk titled, "Why Some of Us don't have One True Calling" for insight on multipotentialites.