About Finding the Catalog
How do I find the catalog?
- The link to the course catalog is located in the Quick Access blue box on the homepage of insideSOU.
How do I know when I can register?
- Priority registration is based on credits completed (not including your current term credits). You can view the registration timetables by clicking on the registration timetables link in the registration tools grey box on the homepage of insideSOU.
How do I register for classes?
- To register for courses click on the Registration & Planning link in the registration tools grey box on the homepage of insideSOU. Watch this video tutorial to learn how to use the Registration & Planning portal.
Where do I go to see my schedule?
- You can view your current class schedule in the Navigate Student app or by clicking on the student profile link in the online services blue box on the homepage of InsideSOU. This will bring up a page that will have both a class schedule link and a week at a glance link on the left hand side. Both of these links will display your current schedule information.
How do I find out if I have holds on my account?
- You can check your account holds in the Navigate Student App, or by clicking on the registration and planning link on in the registration tools box on the homepage of insideSOU. Once on the registration portal menu, select the Prepare for Registration link to view your registration holds.
Advising Hold - If you have an advising hold on your account, you will need to meet with your advisor to have your advising plan updated. Don't know who your advisor is? Read about how to find out, or connect with your major department to declare your major and be assigned a faculty advisor.
Measles Hold - All students need to complete the measles immunization form in the student health portal. See directions here.
Revolving Charge Agreement Hold - All students need to sign the revolving charge agreement with the business office at SOU. See directions here.
How do I find what textbooks I need?
- Visit the SOU bookstore website to find the textbook search tool.
How do I find the Academic Calendar?
- The Academic Calendar link is the the Quick Access blue box on the homepage of insideSOU.
How do I get to my online classes?
- Taking fully online courses? SOU uses Moodle as its online class platform. You can find a link to Moodle at the top of the homepage of insideSOU. Many professors utilize Moodle no matter the delivery method used. You can familiarize yourself with Moodle with the student guides here.
How do I know when the last day to drop a class is to get a full refund?
- Check the academic calendar each term for the last day to drop with a 100% tution refund deadline - typically the third Monday (or Tuesday in case of a Monday holiday) of the term.
How do I find out more about career options?
- Visit the Office of Career Connections to learn more about connecting your college experience to your career goals.
Where can I find my unofficial transcript?
- Click on the student profile link in the Online Services blue box on the homepage of insideSOU. This will bring up your student profile information and include an academic transcript link on the left hand side menu that will take you to your unofficial transcript. Official transcripts can be ordered through Raider Student Services.
How do I access DegreeWorks (my degree audit)?
- To access Degreeworks click on the Degreeworks for Students link in the Online Services blue box on the homepage of insideSOU.