Student Success Coordinators (SSCs) provide student-centered support to empower all learners to be self-advocates and to reach their goals. SSCs are a consistent presence at the center of collaborative relationships that facilitate communication and build bridges across campus in order to foster our students' academic, career, and personal success.
Advising is coordinated by Student Success Coordinators (SSC), each of whom advise for specific majors. SSCs help connect students with their major advisors, explain how to select classes, explain and lift registration holds, orient and register new students, and as well as connect students to additional SOU resources.
All current students can find their assigned advisors in DegreeWorks or their student profile on InsideSOU. Directions to find your assigned advisors are here.
- All students can connect with their student success coordinator for advising support based on their major - see below.
- First Year students in University Seminar can connect with their USEM advisor for advising support.
- Students with assigned major faculty advisor(s) can connect with them for advising support.
- Students in Trio/Success at Southern can connect with their assigned Trio advisors for advising support.
Student Success Coordinators:
Division of Business, Communication & the Environment (BCE)
If you are pursuing one of these programs or are interested in pursuing one of these programs, please contact the appropriate Program Chair for registration assistance.
For additional help with BCE programs, contact the BCE Student Success Coordinator:
Office: Britt 173
Make an appointment with Casey in the Navigate app.
Division of Education, Health and Leadership & Language (DEHLL): Mary Patridge and Edward Derr
Mary Patridge Edward Derr
Office: Ed/Psych 156 Office: Taylor Hall 101
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 541-552-7154 Phone: 541-552-6624
Make an appointment with Mary in the Navigate app Make an appointment with Edward in Navigate.
- Education Studies (Includes Elementary Education) - English
- Early Childhood Development (online) - Spanish Language & Culture
- Health & Exericise Science
- Outdoor Adventure Leadership (OAL)
- Military Science
- Physical Therapy
Oregon Center for the Arts at SOU: Karen Bolda
Office: Art Building 118
Make an appointment with Karen in the Navigate app.
- Creative Writing
- Emerging Media & Digital Arts (EMDA)
- Shakespeare Studies
- Visual Arts
- Art History
Division of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) & Pre-Health Professions: Alison Rutledge
Office: Science Building 182
Make an appointment with Alison in the Navigate app.
Division of Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Computer Science
- Math-Computer Science (Double Major)
- Financial Mathematics
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Dental Hygiene
- Medical Technology
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician’s Assistant
- Veterinary Medicine
Division of Undergraduate Studies - Home for Undeclared/Major Exploring Students
If you have not yet decided your major then UGS is the place for you!
Office: Hannon Library 144
Make an appointment with Hazel in the Navigate app.
Programs UGS supports:
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Career and Major Exploration Advising