Be sure to go to the SOU PAL Webpage and read about the program.
The application deadline for the 2023 program is May 1. Submit your application now!
Some scholarship and voucher funding is approved on a first come/first serve basis. Therefore, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The following items must be a part of your application. Please READ carefully. You may download an Application Checklist and check off each item as you include it in our application.
SECTION A: SUBMIT TO SOU ADMISSIONS
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission* (http://www.sou.edu/admissions/application/) must be submitted to Admissions. A $60 application fee will be required.
- As indicated on the Graduate Application, request to have one set of official transcripts for all college or university coursework you have attended or are currently attending sent to Admissions. You cannot be admitted to the University without official transcripts. The official transcript must show degrees earned.
*Note for Applicants who have received a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or Master in Education (MSEd) degree from Southern Oregon University:
You will not need to apply to SOU or pay the $60 fee. If you have attended other institutions since leaving SOU, you must submit official transcripts to the SOU Admissions Office. Otherwise, you only need to complete requirements of section B below.
SECTION B: SUBMIT TO THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- Application for Admission to PAL or PAL/MSEd Program
- Verification of your current teaching license. Oregon teaching licenses will be verified by staff. If you hold an out of state license, please include a copy with your application.
- Current resume
- A well-written goal statement describing why you are pursuing an administrator license at this time and what you hope to accomplish as an educational leader.
- Character Questions form
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors who can attest to your potential for admission to the Principal Administrative License program.
- Copy of your Professional Educational Experience Report (PEER) Form(s) completed by your school district showing a minimum of three years teaching experience.
- If you are applying for the OASP/ALPP scholarship program, fill out THIS FORM.
Please email the above items (except for item 8) together to:
Anita Caster (email@example.com)
School of Education
Southern Oregon University
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
If you have questions about completing the application, please contact Anita Caster, Graduate Services Coordinator, School of Education, (firstname.lastname@example.org).