A Hub for Language Learning!
The Dr. Daniel Morris Language Center provides a comfortable environment to pursue your language studies outside of class. Join one of our Conversation groups, come for tutoring in the language you are studying, come to study on your own, or hang out with other language students. The Language Center, located in Central Hall 270 (upstairs), has computers, conversation tables, and a variety of print and media resources to enhance language study.
The Language Center hours are Monday through Thursday.*
Winter 2018 Schedule coming soon!
The Language Center contains the following equipment to enhance student learning in foreign languages:
- 4 Dell laptops for use in lab.
- 10 wireless headsets.
- 1 Laser Printer.
- CD programs to accompany language courses.
The Language Center has the following unique software:
- Several foreign language software programs in addition to software programs which accompany course textbooks.
- Microsoft Word spellcheck and grammar check programs for French, German and Spanish.
- Black & white : $0.05
- Library of books, magazines, and newspapers that can be read in the lab or checked out.
- Tutoring is available on a drop-in basis, according to the tutoring schedule for first and second year language students.
- The Language Center is open to all students currently enrolled in Foreign Language courses at SOU. Tutoring is available for students enrolled in 100 and 200 level courses. Higher level language students can make tutoring arrangments through their language professor.
- * The Language Center is not open the first week of term, during finals week, or over the summer.