- All SOU students are required to take a math placement exam in order to enroll in an SOU math course. This test may be waived if a person has qualifying math transfer credits.
- Here is a study guide to help you prepare for the math placement test.
- Scheduling in Medford: Math placement exams are offered year-round at the SOU Testing Center located at the HEC in downtown Medford. To schedule an exam call 541-552-8150 or email email@example.com. To schedule your appointment online, click here. The SOU Testing Center is located at 101 S. Bartlett St, Room 108, Medford next to the Jackson County Library and the RCC Riverside Campus.
- Scheduling in Ashland: Math placement exams are also available through the Student Access Center at the SOU Ashland Campus during certain weeks of the year only. Call 541-552-6213 to schedule an exam at the SOU Ashland Campus.
- Cost: The Math Placement Exam is free to SOU students taking the test for the first time. Successive attempts cost $10.00 that is charged to the student account.
- For Non-SOU Students: SOU currently does not offer placement exams for students wishing to attend another university. However, the SOU Testing Center will gladly proctor a student taking a placement exam from another institution.
Foreign Language Placement
In order to enroll in an SOU foreign language course, all SOU students are required to take a foreign language placement exam. French, Spanish, and German foreign language exams can be taken on-line by visiting: http://www.sou.edu/advising/flplacement.html. To get a password, contact the Foreign Language Department at 541-552-6740.