The Success at Southern TRIO SSS Ambassador Program Initiative encourages the active participation of its students and Alumni in promoting Success at Southern/TRIO-SSS services through presentations, orientations, and/or events to current and prospective TRIO-SSS students.
The TRIO-SSS Ambassador is a Success at Southern TRIO SSS student or a Success at Southern/TRIO-SSS Alumni who works directly with TRIO-SSS Staff to promote services and help engage TRIO-SSS current students into the different services provided by Success at Southern TRIO SSS. TRIO-SSS Ambassador must have strong communication and organizational skills, and the capability to connect with students, a level of self-awareness and confidence, works well in a team setting, be committed to all required activities and training sessions, and enjoys helping others.
This a voluntary position and only available for active Success at Southern TRIO SSS students at Southern Oregon University. TRIO-SSS Ambassadors will be selected by a committee integrated by administrative and faculty staff members.
PAST TRIO-SSS AMBASSADORS:
Minimum requirements and expectations
The TRIO-SSS Ambassador is required and expected to:
- Have actively participated in the TRIO-SSS program at Southern Oregon University for at least one term or have previous experience with TRIO-SSS programs
- Be a full-time student and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 or be a graduated Success at Southern TRIO SSS student (TRIO-SSS Alumni)
- Be in good academic standing at Southern Oregon University
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and the capability to connect with students
- Be a team player with a good sense of humor and an enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Attend, assist and collaborate with the TRIO-SSS Staff during events (in-person or virtually) such as Preview Days, Raider Registration Events, TRIO-SSS tours, among others
- Collaborate and assist the TRIO-SSS Staff with promotional material, presentations, among others
- Have respect for diversity and willingness to learn about other cultures
- Technically savvy
- Arrive on time to all scheduled meetings/events or notify TRIO-SSS Staff of conflicts in a timely manner
- Commit to the TRIO-SSS Ambassador Program for at least one (1) academic year
- Work as a team with other TRIO-SSS Ambassadors to plan and hold events and activities that promote Success at Southern TRIO SSS services for TRIO-SSS current and prospective students
- Attend all training sessions and regular ambassadors team meetings
- Represent Success at Southern TRIO SSS and Southern Oregon University by conducting yourself in a professional manner with students and staff
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Serve as a positive role model for other TRIO-SSS students
- Fill out TRIO SSS Ambassador application (required)
- TRIO SSS Advisor recommendation letter (highly recommended)
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills and a professional resume
- Personal development and socialization
- Experience in oral communication skills and confidence building
- Professional networking opportunities
- The satisfaction of being involved in a dynamic and supportive team
Do you consider that you meet all the requirements and expectations?
2023-2024 Application is COMING SOON!- TRIO-SSS Ambassador application
1250 Siskiyou Boulevard
Ashland, OR 97520