Tutoring Services are offered in a variety of subjects for students participating in the Success at Southern/TRIO SSS program. Tutors support Success at Southern/TRIO SSS students with coordination of homework, planning for tests, supplemental instruction, among others.
* Tutoring Locations:
- SU 103A - Quiet Tutoring Space - Next to the former Womens Resource Center
- SU 125C - TRIO/SSS Central (Tutoring and Computer Lab) - In front of the SOU Diversions Room.
To be eligible for tutoring, Success at Southern/TRIO SSS students must have:
- A current Personal Education Plan on file with their Success at Southern/TRIO SSS Advisor
- Be a current SAS/TRIO SSS Student
Spring Term Tutoring Services begin on April 06, 2020
Due to COVID-19 - TRIO/SSS WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL WALK-IN TRAFFIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
More details about how to reserve virtual tutoring services will be published before Spring Term begins
Tutoring Schedule Spring Term 2020
Math (Professional Tutor):
Monday - 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Wednesday - 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
Friday - 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Writing and Study Skills (Professional Tutor):
Monday - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Tuesday - 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Wednesday - 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Thursday - 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Biology, Chemistry & Others (Peer Tutor):
BI 101, 102, 103, 211, 212, 213, 341 / CH 221, 222, 223, 331, 334, 335, 336, 340, 451, 452, 453 / PH 201, 202, 203, 221, 222, 223 / MTH 65, 95, 111, 112, 251, 252, 253, 321
Tuesday - 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Spanish & Others (Peer Tutor):
SPAN 101, 102, 103, 201, 202, 203, 310, 311, 315, 320, 321, 324, 331 & 414 / ED 251, 252, 453 / MUS 206, 207, 208 / COMM 200 / REL 202
Monday - 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm
Tuesday - 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Wednesday - 3:30 am to 5:00 pm
Thursday - 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Friday - 1:00 am to 5:00 pm
ONLINE WRITING TUTORING:
Email your paper, outline, rough draft to firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE ALLOW 2 BUSINESS DAYS FOR A RESPONSE. We suggest you leave sufficient time for multiple drafts to be reviewed if necessary.
You are welcome to utilize SAS/TRIO SSS tutoring during these times. Please meet in TRIO/SSS Central (SU 125C) or in our Quiet Tutoring Space (SU 103A). All tutoring will occur at this locations for TRIO/SSS unless otherwise arranged with SAS/TRIO SSS staff.
- Be aware that the above tutor(s) have other students that see them during these hours as well.
- Please be patient, the tutor will do their best to address your needs in a timely manner.Please remember to bring all of your course materials and your textbooks to your appointments.
- Please refer to our Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures for full policy description.
- Let us know if you have questions or concerns.
If you are seeking tutoring for a class not listed above, please contact SAS/TRIO SSS at email@example.com to discuss TRIO/SSS tutoring availability.
To Become a Success at Southern/TRIO SSS Tutor: Please apply online through the SOU Handshake posting. Applications are always accepted.