Maximum Per Diem Rates Outside the Continental United States

The Maximum Per Diem Rates Outside the Continental United States are available on the Department of Defense web site, , and are updated once a year or as necessary.

In the "OUTSIDE CONUS" (Continental United States) section, do the following:

  • Select the country/state from the "COUNTRY/STATE" drop-down box
  • Select the month and year from the "PUBLISHED" drop-down box
  • Select "Exclude" pertaining to Military Installations
  • Click "Calculate"

Lodging tax is NOT included in the lodging per diem and IS reimbursed as a miscellaneous expense.

The Department of Defense site lists per diem rates in U.S. dollars.

Some per diem rates vary depending on the time of year.  Use the per diem rate that corresponds to the dates of travel.

The meals and incidental rate is the sum of the two columns "local meals" and "local incidental."


 Travel Office: Churchill Hall Room 150, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd. Ashland, Oregon 97520
Operating Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (541) 552-6574
Enrollment Services
Campus Public Safety
 (541) 552-6258 (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
 (541) 552-6911 (Evenings and Weekends)
University Housing
Southern Oregon University
1250 Siskiyou Blvd
Ashland, OR 97520
 (541) 552-7672
Campus Map
Follow Us
SOU facebook  Follow us on Instagram  Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to us on YouTube