Payroll Services Department
The Payroll Services Department functions as part of the broader Business Services Administrative Support Unit for the University. Payroll Services is responsible for handling all aspects of payroll processing for the campus, ensuring the accuracy of all compensation, deductions, benefits, the fundamental application of the collective bargaining agreements; and complying with all State and Federal regulations. The Payroll Services Department supports institutional goals by providing consultative services to administrators, supervisors, classified employees, faculty, and student employees.
Thank you for your attention to these updates so we can better serve you.
ANNOUNCEMENT: December 2023
The University will be convert to: Workday Payroll System from: Banner Web Time Entry (WTE) process.
- Transition to Workday Time- Entry & Time-off Payroll system
Your W-2 for 2023 will be out of the Banner system as usual.
Your W-2 for earnings paid out in January 2024 and beyond will be out of the Workday system.
This Cut-over will take place for each paygroup during the December payroll time entry
- Cut-over Time Entry schedule (excel rev 12.5.23):
The Workday system is scheduled to be available for time entry and/or leave entry on 12/18/2023.
Please see the "Cutover Time Entry Schedule" link provided above.
For example, if you are in the 13-12th pay group, the Workday payroll system is available on 12/18 for time entry beginning with first day of the pay group's pay period. [12/13/2023-1/12/2024].
Training takes place in December for staff and supervisors with additional workshops supervisor workshops in January.
Please visit the Information Technology page for current Training times and all Workday information (CISR web page).
- Workday Training link: https://sou.edu/cisr/training/
- Core Information Replacement System (CISR) link: https://sou.edu/cisr/network/
CALENDAR YEAR END INFORMATION
Payroll "Address" Updates
Please be sure you keep your contact addresses up-to-date in Self-Service.
- The Payroll (PY) address is where your SOU paycheck and W-2 (tax document mailed out in January).
- If the PY address and your current mailing address are not the same, you can use the Mailing Address tab for your current address.
- If you exit SOU, please update the PY address to where you want your tax document (W-2) to be sent (or it's returned to SOU).
- Be sure you have an active permanent address on file as returned documents can be sent there.
Web Time Entry (WTE)
Time entry for most employees is accomplished using WTE on the Employee dashboard in Banner Self-Service.
Please view Guidelines on this website (tabs):
- WTE Approver Guide
- WTE Leave Entry Overview Guide (Admin)
- WTE Classified Time Entry Guide
- WTE Student Time Entry Guide
Payroll Information (Q&A)
All documents for payroll such as Direct Deposit forms, W-4 forms and paper timesheets may be delivered to the Payroll Office on the first floor of Churchill Hall, Room 143 during window hours. All employees are encouraged to stop by with any questions regarding your payroll needs.
- Payroll Office "Window Hours": Monday - Thursday 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM or by appointment
- Payroll Secure Drop box (see link on left side navigation link on thie page): "Payroll Secure Inbox"
- Payroll Services office will close to observe Bank Holidays
Direct Deposit is the safest, quickest and most cost-effective method to receive monthly pay and is typically set up upon hire.
- Refer to the "Direct Deposit" tab on this website for guidelines
- Requests to change direct deposit routing must be initiated using your sou.edu email address; and orignial documents verified in-person at the Payroll Office window during office hours (bring photo ID).
- Questions: Payrollemail@example.com or Office phone: 541-552-8506.
Paper Checks can be set-up for pick-up if arrangements are made in advance.
Please bring photo ID to pick-up a check in person. Checks may be mailed out upon request and PY address verification.
Main Contact Information:
Payroll Services Support Line (541)552-8506
Payroll Services Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll Office Contacts https://inside.sou.edu/bus-serv/staff.html
Business Services - Payroll Services
Southern Oregon University
Churchill Hall, Room 143
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
Phone: (541) 552-8506
- Operating Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Service Window Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday
Please contact the Business Services Department if you have questions or input you would like to share.