SOU Essential Domestic Travel
In accordance with these guidelines, the Travel Pre-Approval Form is required to be executed and submitted to the Service Center prior to the first day of travel: Limited/By VP or designated Director approval only.
Allow enough time for the "signature process" especially if advance registration, lodging or transportation is needed
1. Download the completed Travel Pre-Approval Form. This Form is completed by the Division or Department coordinator or Faculty/Staff requesting the essential travel. The Director then presents the request to their VP for authorization and approval (signature) of the travel.
2. Once travel is authorized by VP or designated Director, please e-mail the Travel Pre-Approval Form (and attachments if applicable) to the Service Center within 2 business days.The office adminstrator may be able to help with this activity.
EXCEPTION: Travel pre-approvals are still required for the university with the exception of Athletic team travel and recruiting travel (both Athletics, and Admissions)
SOU Business Travel
The purpose of the SOU travel procedures are to provide travelers with guidance and set forth requirements for the conduct of all official university travel. The university reimburses only those travel expenses reported by faculty, staff, and other authorized travelers which are incurred for the performance of authorized university business activities. Official university business activities typically fall into the following categories:
- Carry out official business (i.e. attending meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Further training and professional development through attendance at off-campus conferences, conventions or training sessions.
- To provide for recruitment of faculty, staff, and students.
Travel Guidelines & Forms
Guidelines for travel reimbursement include authorization of travel procedures, how to be reimbursed for transportation, meals, lodging and other expenses associated with travel, and the methods of payment for travel.
- Air Travel
- Vehicle Travel
- - Auto Rental Online Reservation -------------------------> Enterprise
- Athletic Department Travel Forms
- Driver Clearance
- High Cost Cities Chart
- Meals & Incidental Expenses, Lodging
- Moving Expenses
- Mileage Chart
- Other Travel Expenses:
- Conference Registration Fee
- Miscellaneous Expenses
- Travel Exceptions
- Rate Tables
- Travel Corporate Card and Travel Advances
- Travel Forms & Expense Reimbursement Forms
- Travel Authorization, Reimbursement, and Foreign Travel
Pre_Covid - Information
The Resumption of Campus Activities plan includes guidelines regarding universtity essential domestic travel (slide 18):
Questions on day-to-day business operation activities?
Please contact Service Center
Location - Main Floor, Susanne Homes Hall
Travel help: Contact Support Specialist
Questions on Policy and Procedures?
Please contact Business Services
Location - Churchill Hall 151