SOU Essential Domestic Travel
The Resumption of Campus Activities plan includes guidelines regarding universtity essential domestic travel (slide 18):
- Limited/By VP approval only. Consistent with CDC Travel guidelines
- If travel crosses county or state lines, must consult with University General Counsel
Allow enough time for the "signature process" especially if advance registration, lodging or transportation is needed
1. Download the completed Travel Pre-Approval Form. This Form is completed by the Division or Department coordinator or Faculty/Staff requesting the essential travel. The Director then presents the request to their VP for authorization and approval (signature) of the travel.
2. Once travel is authorized by VP, please e-mail the Travel Pre-Approval Form (and attachments if applicable) to the Service Center within 2 business days.The office adminstrator may be able to help with this activity.
3. General Counsel consultation is required for travel approval outside of Jackson County. Please include the General Counsel's signature on the form going to the VP; or include an email confirmation of that approval with the packet to the Service Center.
SOU Business Travel
The purpose of the SOU travel procedures are to provide travelers with guidance and set forth requirements for the conduct of all official university travel. The university reimburses only those travel expenses reported by faculty, staff, and other authorized travelers which are incurred for the performance of authorized university business activities. Official university business activities typically fall into the following categories:
- Carry out official business (i.e. attending meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Further training and professional development through attendance at off-campus conferences, conventions or training sessions.
- To provide for recruitment of faculty, staff, and students.
Guidelines for travel reimbursement include authorization of travel procedures, how to be reimbursed for transportation, meals, lodging and other expenses associated with travel, and the methods of payment for travel.
- Air Travel
- Vehicle Travel
- - Auto Rental Online Reservation -------------------------> Enterprise
- Athletic Department Travel Forms
- Driver Clearance
- High Cost Cities Chart
- Meals & Incidental Expenses, Lodging
- Moving Expenses
- Mileage Chart
- Other Travel Expenses:
- Conference Registration Fee
- Miscellaneous Expenses
- Travel Exceptions
- Rate Tables
- Travel Corporate Card and Travel Advances
- Travel Forms & Expense Reimbursement Forms
- Travel Authorization, Reimbursement, and Foreign Travel
Questions on day-to-day business operation activities?
Please contact Service Center
Location - Main Floor, Susanne Homes Hall
Travel help: Contact Support Specialist
Questions on Policy and Procedures?
Please contact Business Services
Location - Churchill Hall 151