Welcome to SOU's Program for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing!
We are here to provide accommodations for a myriad of communication needs...
- Interpreters for classes, campus activities, and more
- Real-time transcription
- Assistive listening devices (FM or Bluetooth systems)
- and more!
If you would like more information, please contact Edwin Cancel, our Program Coordinator for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services.
- Instructor tips for working with Deaf and hard of hearing students & interpreters
- Instructor tips for working with students who are hard of hearing
- Policies and Procedures for Using an Interpreter
- RID/NAD Code of Professional Conduct for Interpreters (summary) (NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct-2005)