The SOU IT Information Systems team provides programming and support for the Banner Enterprise Resource Planning system and other related campus systems.
Programming requests are defined as follows:
- Enhancement – local custom program that works with the vendor system but requires no changes to the vendor supplied programs.
- Baseline Modification – programming changes to a vendor supplied program.
Baseline modifications are rarely done due to the high cost of on-going maintenance and reduced support from the vendor. Note: Not all vendor software can be modified.
Programming Request Procedure
- Department manager submits a detailed request of the programming desired via the Request for Service Detail form (RFSREQD) in Banner or via the Help Desk Ticketing System. Justification for the programming must be provided.
- The request is reviewed by the RFS Committee. The committee evaluates the requests based on the following criteria:
- Value of the request.
- Complexity of the request and time required to implement.
- On-going maintenance required after initial implementation.
- The RFS Committee makes a recommendation to approve or not approve a request. If a recommendation to approve is made, the request is assigned a priority of 1-4 (1=highest, 4=lowest) to the request. The recommendations are submitted to the Banner User Group for approval.
- If the RFS Committee recommends approval and the Banner User Group accepts the recommendation, the request will be added to the project queue. Requests with a high priority will be scheduled first. A list of all projects and their status may be viewed in Banner.