Banner Operational Data Store (ODS) is designed to support the operational, tactical and strategic reporting needs of Southern Oregon University. When Banner ODS is combined with the Cognos reporting tool, business users at all levels of the institution have ‘near-time’ access to operational data formatted in a manner that facilitates reporting.
Banner Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) provides additional reporting capabilities beyond what are provided in Banner ODS. Banner ODS contains current operational data formatted to ease ad hoc reporting, whereas Banner EDW contains detailed, historical data transformed into formats to support ease of analytical reporting and analysis.
Banner ODS is available in our test and production environments. Banner EDW is currently only available in test but will be available in production in the future.
For help with Banner ODS, please attend a training session, review the documentation, or contact us at email@example.com.
- SOU Cognos Overview
- Banner ODS Administration Guide
- Banner ODS User Guide
- Banner ODS Meta Data
- Banner ODS Business Concepts
- Banner ODS Accounts Receivable Presentation
- Banner ODS Financial Aid Class Presentation
- Banner ODS HR/Payroll Class Presentation
- Banner ODS Student Class Presentation
- Banner ODS Functional Overview Training Workbook
- Banner ODS Accounts Receivable Functional Training Workbook
- Banner ODS Finance Functional Training Workbook
- Banner ODS Financial Aid Functional Training Workbook
- Banner ODS Human Resources Functional Training Workbook
- Banner ODS Student Functional Training Workbook
- IBM Cognos Connection User Guide
- IBM Cognos Knowledge Center
- IBM Cognos Query Studio User Guide
- IBM Cognos Report Studio User Guide
- IBM Cognos Analysis Studio User Guide
- IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced User Guide
- IBM Cognos Workspace (dashboards) User Guide