o Go to Online Member Services webpage.
o Click on "Log In" in the upper right corner.
o Log in using your User ID or "Open a New Account."
o You're now on the Account Home Page.
o Click on "Member" in the "Account Plan" section, you are now on the Account Summary Page.
o Click on "Benefit Estimate" (on the left hand side of the screen)
o Click on "Create a New Benefit Estimate," the system will ask a series of questions (i.e., retirement date, beneficiary, etc.)
Written pension estimates are available to those who are retiring within two years:
o Get an estimate request form and review Estimate Facts: Tier 1/Tier 2, PERS/OPSRP
o PERS processes request in the order of retirement date (not in the order requests are received). We recommend using the earliest retirement date possible.
o Here is information helpful to completing the form:
- Maximum vacation payout for an Unclassified employee is 180 hours.
- SOU does participate in the PERS sick leave program.
- Retirement date is always the first of the month, regardless of last day worked.
- ORP members –
- use salary data from date last in a PERS position.
- use sick leave balance at the time membership changed from PERS to ORP (i.e., 1996).
- do NOT use a vacation balance because unused vacation (if applicable) was not paid out when you changed to the ORP pension program.