We are pleased to announce that we will again offer a 4/10 Summer Schedule effective June 20, 2022 through September 9, 2022. A 4/10 schedule is one that reflects a four day work week while working ten hours each day. As is customary, schedules will be approved to best prepare and serve Raider Ready Registration events scheduled for June 17 (in-person), July 8 (in-person), July 15 (virtual), August 12 (virtual), and September 9 (virtual).
During this period, the campus will remain open five-days a week and each department is responsible for coordinating approved 4/10 schedule participation that ensures adequate daily coverage. Although reasonable effort will be made to accommodate schedules, some adjustments and denials may be required in order to meet operational needs.
Please forward inquiries regarding this summer schedule to 541-552-8553 or email@example.com.
How to Request Participation
On or before May 13, 2022, interested employees must submit their written proposed 4/10 summer schedule to their supervisor that includes the desired days (i.e. Monday – Thursday or Tuesday – Friday), work hours (i.e. 7:30a-6:30p with 1-hour lunch break, 7:00a-5:30p with 30 minute lunch break, etcetera), and any variations for consideration (i.e. work Monday-Thursday one week and Tuesday-Friday another week or return to their normal work schedule).
Supervisors will respond in writing by May 31, 2022 whether the schedule is approved, needs adjusting, or is denied. Although reasonable effort will be made to accommodate schedules within a department, some adjustment and denials may be required in order to meet operational needs. All employee requested changes to the agreed upon schedule must be pre-approved in advance by the supervisor.
How to Record Absences
In an effort to maintain campus service level expectations, the normal work week for a 4/10 schedule will be Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday. Paid leave (i.e. vacation, sick, compensatory time off, etcetera) shall be reported as a full 10 hours.
How to Observe Holidays
[Note: Employees not participating in the 4/10 flexible summer schedule shall continue to work their normal work schedule and observe holidays based on the university’s holiday schedule.]
Monday, June 20, 2022 – Juneteenth (or June 19)
- Employees who work a 4/10 Monday through Thursday schedule, will observe Monday, June 20 as the holiday.
- Employees who work a 4/10 Tuesday through Friday schedule, will observe Tuesday, June 21 as the holiday.
Monday, July 4, 2022 - Independence Day
- Employees who work a 4/10 Monday through Thursday schedule, will observe Monday, July 4 as the holiday.
- Employees who work a 4/10 Tuesday through Friday schedule, will observe Tuesday, July 5 as the holiday.
Monday, September 5, 2022 – Labor Day
- Employees who work a 4/10 Monday through Thursday schedule, will observe Monday, September 5 as the holiday.
- Employees who work a 4/10 Tuesday through Friday schedule, will observe Tuesday, September 6 as the holiday.