Human Resources has partnered with LinkedIn Learning and SOU's Outreach & Engagement for a professional development framework that meets the desire for flexibility and accessibility to both on-line and in-person training.
LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand learning platform that will enable the achievement of professional goals and aspirations through on-line courses and videos. SOU employees may now access a LinkedIn Learning account within Inside.SOU.edu. Once in, employees can customize their learning experience, as well as access a learning path that has been developed based on their job description. Below are a few highlights of what LinkedIn Learning offers:
- Unlimited access to more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics
- Personalized recommendations that allow for the exploration of the most in-demand skills
- Expert instructors representing relevant industry topics, all in one place
- Convenient learning with the flexibility to access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device
- Helpful resources that reinforce new knowledge with quizzes and exercises
In collaboration with SOU's Outreach and Engagement, in-person training will be sponsored by Human Resources each Winter, Spring and Fall locally on the SOU Ashland Campus. Details of the next session is listed below:
- The personal opportunity of working on a team
- Tools to discover what's relevant to your team and supervisor
- Methods for creating your unique contributions
- Approaches to becoming a visible contributor to the team's success
About the Presenter:
Stephen Sloan has over 30 years of strategy, planning, and business transformation experience in a range of industries, including high technology and consumer products. He has deep experience in the application of technology, business process, and value proposition transformation to improve sales, operations and financial results. His expertise includes service profit chain and business process analysis, strategy development, and cooperative innovation within industry and partner ecosystems.
May 6,. 2021 - Delivering Constructive Feedback Effectively
May 26, 2021 - Critical Thinking Refresh
- Fall Term 2019: Emotional Intelligence & Effective Communication
- Spring Term 2019: Teamwork and High Performance
- Winter Term 2019: Conflict Resolution
- Winter Term 2020: Managing the Work-Life Equation
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 1 - Managing Stress in Uncertain Times
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 2 - How to Find Enjoyment and Productive Engagement in a Virtual Workplace
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 3 - Personal Financial Planning
For questions regarding LinkedIn Learning access, tools and recommend learning paths, please contact Human Resource Services at 541-552-8119 or email email@example.com. For a full listing of workshops independently offered by SOU's Outreach and Engagement, please visit https://inside.sou.edu/dce/professional/leaders.html.