Human Resources has partnered with LinkedIn Learning and SOU's Outreach & Engagement for a professional development framework that meets the desire for flexibility and accessibility to both on-line and in-person training.
LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand learning platform that will enable the achievement of professional goals and aspirations through on-line courses and videos. SOU employees may now access a LinkedIn Learning account within Inside.SOU.edu. Once in, employees can customize their learning experience, as well as access a learning path that has been developed based on their job description. Below are a few highlights of what LinkedIn Learning offers:
- Unlimited access to more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics
- Personalized recommendations that allow for the exploration of the most in-demand skills
- Expert instructors representing relevant industry topics, all in one place
- Convenient learning with the flexibility to access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device
- Helpful resources that reinforce new knowledge with quizzes and exercises
In collaboration with SOU's Outreach and Engagement, in-person training will be sponsored by Human Resources each Winter, Spring and Fall locally on the SOU Ashland Campus. Details of the next session is listed below:
- The power of making good decisions
- Avoiding common logical errors
- Learning from errors via Root Cause Analysis
- Creating and testing clearer hypotheses
About the Presenter: Stephen Sloan has over 30 years of strategy, planning, and business transformation experience in a range of industries, including high technology and consumer products. He has deep experience in the application of technology, business process, and value proposition transformation to improve sales, operations and financial results. His expertise includes service profit chain and business process analysis, strategy development, and cooperative innovation within industry and partner ecosystems.
Stephen’s previous roles include leadership in and consulting to startups and turnarounds of businesses in ERP and CRM, software development, and online marketing. He served in leadership and led digital transformation initiatives in operations, customer experience, and B2B sales at Harry & David and consulting with Global 1000 technology firms on marketing and partner strategy. Stephen has a BA from UCLA and and completed core MBA course work at The Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine before stepping into entrepreneurship and consulting. In addition to leading Sloan Value Partners, Stephen is the founder of the Humane Leadership Institute and serves on the boards of the Ashland Independent Film Festival and the Oregon Extension.
- Fall Term 2019: Emotional Intelligence & Effective Communication
- Spring Term 2019: Teamwork and High Performance
- Winter Term 2019: Conflict Resolution
- Winter Term 2020: Managing the Work-Life Equation
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 1 - Managing Stress in Uncertain Times
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 2 - How to Find Enjoyment and Productive Engagement in a Virtual Workplace
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 3 - Personal Financial Planning
- Spring Term 2021 - Session 1 - Becoming a Valuable Team Member
- Spring Term 2021 - Session 2 - Delivering Constructive Feedback Effectively
For questions regarding LinkedIn Learning access, tools and recommend learning paths, please contact Human Resource Services at 541-552-8119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a full listing of workshops independently offered by SOU's Outreach and Engagement, please visit https://inside.sou.edu/dce/professional/leaders.html.