Human Resources has partnered with LinkedIn Learning and SOU's Outreach & Engagement for a professional development framework that meets the desire for flexibility and accessibility to both on-line and in-person training.
LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand learning platform that will enable the achievement of professional goals and aspirations through on-line courses and videos. SOU employees may now access a LinkedIn Learning account within Inside.SOU.edu. Once in, employees can customize their learning experience, as well as access a learning path that has been developed based on their job description. Below are a few highlights of what LinkedIn Learning offers:
- Unlimited access to more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics
- Personalized recommendations that allow for the exploration of the most in-demand skills
- Expert instructors representing relevant industry topics, all in one place
- Convenient learning with the flexibility to access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device
- Helpful resources that reinforce new knowledge with quizzes and exercises
In collaboration with SOU's Outreach and Engagement, in-person training will be sponsored by Human Resources each Winter, Spring and Fall locally on the SOU Ashland Campus. Details of the next session is listed below:
This presentation will break down basic financial skills to help create a sustainable path that will help lead you to achieve your goals.The tools, tips and knowledge are time proven to aid individuals and families manage their personal finances. One factor to remember is that all our financial situations are different. We must not compare ourselves to others. With the individual lessons to be learned in this presentation, you will be able to customize a plan for you and/or your family that works with your unique situation.
- Learn tools and techniques for creating a useable budget that will assist you to pay yourself first (PYF).
- Discover new ways to save money in your monthly budget that will get you thinking out of the box.
- Understand different techniques to help you pay down debt.
- Realize you are not alone and resources that are available to you to aid in creating financial stability.
About the Presenter: Anissa Arthenayake, a 1992 SOU graduate, who started working in banking during high school, continued through college to present. With all the banking knowledge was never taught personal financial skills. Thus, was challenged to manage money and worked harder than necessary to reach goals. Through a chance job opportunity, started to work for a credit union to teach financial literacy. 13 years later and changing of banking positions, Anissa still teaches personal finance. She has taught in non-profits as well as schools teaching important life skills to all ages. During this time she has been able to assist individuals and families learn and utilize the personal financial skills to help them obtain their financial goals.
- Fall Term 2019: Emotional Intelligence & Effective Communication
- Spring Term 2019: Teamwork and High Performance
- Winter Term 2019: Conflict Resolution
- Winter Term 2020: Managing the Work-Life Equation
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 1 - Managing Stress in Uncertain Times
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 2 - How to Find Enjoyment and Productive Engagement in a Virtual Workplace
For questions regarding LinkedIn Learning access, tools and recommend learning paths, please contact Human Resource Services at 541-552-8119 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a full listing of workshops independently offered by SOU's Outreach and Engagement, please visit https://inside.sou.edu/dce/professional/leaders.html.