Human Resources has partnered with LinkedIn Learning and SOU Corporate Relations for a professional development framework that meets the desire for flexibility and accessibility to both on-line and in-person training.
LinkedIn Learning is an on-demand learning platform that will enable the achievement of professional goals and aspirations through on-line courses and videos. SOU employees may now access a LinkedIn Learning account within Inside.SOU.edu. Once in, employees can customize their learning experience, as well as access a learning path that has been developed based on their job description. Below are a few highlights of what LinkedIn Learning offers:
- Unlimited access to more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics
- Personalized recommendations that allow for the exploration of the most in-demand skills
- Expert instructors representing relevant industry topics, all in one place
- Convenient learning with the flexibility to access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device
- Helpful resources that reinforce new knowledge with quizzes and exercises
In collaboration with SOU Corporate Relations, in-person training will be sponsored by Human Resources each Winter, Spring and Fall locally on the SOU Ashland Campus. Details of the next session is listed below:
The DISC refers to the four core sets of behavior patterns (styles, languages); Dominant, Influence, Steady and Conscientious. The first letter of each of the patterns creates an easy to remember acronym: D I S C. The various combinations of the following four determine our own natural (native) DISC communication style (language.) No combination is better than another. Each behavior style has a significantly different priority or orientation. Each priority denotes a specific focus that generates personal energy and motivation, and as a result there is a wide variance in the preferences to act.
In this workshop, you will be able to complete your DISC assessment to be able to understand your behavior as well as others to be better in your communication.
As this training is limited to 20 participants, please be sure that you have time to complete the assessment (10-15 minutes to complete) prior to the workshop and that you will be able to attend the virtual workshop on May 6th.
About the Presenter: Lisa McClease-Kelly is a DISC certified facilitator and The Business Culture Coach. For over a decade Lisa’s passion has been helping people discover more about themselves and help employers learn how to communicate with and motivate their staff. As Co-Owner of Kelly's Automotive Service, Lisa uses DISC with her own staff as well. "When used correctly, DISC can be a game changer in the workplace. We spend most of our adult life at work and it is important that we get along and do our best to understand each other’s differences."
- Spring Term 2022 - Session 1 - Accessing Your Inner Genius
- Fall Term 2021 - Managing Stress, Building Resiliency
- Spring Term 2021 - Session 3 - Critcal Thinking Refresh
- Spring Term 2021 - Session 2 - Delivering Constructive Feedback Effectively
- Spring Term 2021 - Session 1 - Becoming a Valuable Team Member
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 3 - Personal Financial Planning
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 2 - How to Find Enjoyment and Productive Engagement in a Virtual Workplace
- Fall Term 2020 - Session 1 - Managing Stress in Uncertain Times
- Winter Term 2020: Managing the Work-Life Equation
- Fall Term 2019: Emotional Intelligence & Effective Communication
- Spring Term 2019: Teamwork and High Performance
- Winter Term 2019: Conflict Resolution
For questions regarding LinkedIn Learning access, tools and recommend learning paths, please contact Human Resource Services at 541-552-8119 or email email@example.com. For a full listing of workshops independently offered by SOU's Outreach and Engagement, please visit https://inside.sou.edu/dce/professional/leaders.html.