Past or present SOU employees needing a legal name change must complete the following forms and bring their updated original Social Security Card (showing the new name) to the Human Resources for processing:
- Employee Personal Data Form: this document must be completed for a name change, with the new and prior name listed.
- Form I-9: this document must be updated with any name change, proving the ability to work in the United States. HR staff will re-certify your Form I-9 completed at the beginning of employment, however, a new one may be required.
- Federal Form W4: Federal tax withholdings may be updated with a name change.
- State of Oregon Form W4: State of Oregon withholdings may also be updated with a name change.
- IT Account Name Change Request Form: must be completed if a new email or SOU username is necessary. Once updated, the Directory and Google accounts will reflect accurately. A manual change to your name in Google+ profile may be required. For assistance, contact your IT Computing Coordinator.
- PEBB Beneficiary Designation (as appropriate): log into the PEBB member portal to update beneficiary information at any time throughout the year. PEBB beneficiary designations stand for all life insurances offered through PEBB.
- PERS IAP Beneficiary Designation (as appropriate): for employees in the PERS retirement system, consider updating beneficiaries, which only applies to the IAP. Pension account beneficiaries vary by tier and may require a notarized change. Contact PERS for more information.
- ORP or TDI Beneficiary Designation (as appropriate): if in the ORP, rather than PERS, or if you have a Tax Deferred Investment (TDI) go directly to your plan sponsor to update beneficiary information.