Applications should be completed online. You will be prompted to create an account. Use an email address that you check often, as this is how we will communicate with you about the status of your application and will collect necessary authorizations and health information once you've been accepted.
- You will be asked whether you want to purchase a protection plan. This protection plan is not through SOU and IS NOT REQUIRED. You may decline.
- Once you select Academy from the menu of camp options and accept or decline the protection plan you will be told you are registered. Once registered please follow the prompts to complete your online application.
- A complete application includes:
- a completed application form
- most recent OAKS or Smarter Balance scores or other applicable test results (not required for returning ACADEMY students). Applicants participating in academic programs that do not administer student assessment tests (e.g. international students, Waldorf) will be contacted by our reviewers for additional information as needed.
- most current official report card
- two confidential recommendation forms (including at least one from a current classroom teacher or principal. Forms must be in sealed envelopes with signatures across the seals. Only one confidential recommendation form from a current classroom teacher or principal required for returning ACADEMY students) You may also DOWNLOAD A RECOMMENDATION FORM (PDF)
- a typed student statement of 450 to 500 words.
New students: Describe things you have done to enrich your life.
Returning students: What is “civic virtue” and how important is it?
Give examples from history and your own life.
*Recommendation forms, report cards, or assessment scores can be mailed to:
SOU Pre-College Youth Programs
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
What Is the Deadline?
Because of the popularity of ACADEMY, we encourage students to complete their applications early and submit them in a timely fashion. Individual applications will not be reviewed until all documentation has been received and files are complete. The Priority Application Deadline is April 15. The General Application Deadline is April 28. Applications submitted after the general deadline will be added to our waitlist and reviewed as space becomes available. We will notify successful applicants beginning in early spring. No applications will be accepted after June 3rd.
New Fees for 2017***
Application Fee: $25 (first time applicants only) Pay online or mail a check to SOU Youth Programs, 1250 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland, OR 97520
Student Tuition: $850
Junior Counselor Tuition: $600
We are offering a Sibling Discount of $25 (first sibling pays regular price, subsequent siblings get $25 sibling discount)
Fees cover all cost for tuition, activities, housing, meals, and supervision
Note: Tuition payment is not required until notification of acceptance. Tuition assistance should be requested as part of the student's online application. All tuition assistance forms must be received by May 15.
Priority application Deadline - April 15
General Application Deadline - April 28