Getting Started on Your Application
We are no longer accepting new applications! See you in 2023!
If you have attended ACADEMY in the last 2 years, the application system is the same that you used to apply the last time. If you are a new student to ACADEMY, please use an email address that you will check often as this will be the email address ACADEMY will use when notifying students of their application status, acceptance, payment information, class selection and last minute reminders. Please do not use student school emails as sometimes those accounts are deactivated over the summer.
When you return to the system, press the 'Account Login' button and enter in your log in credentials. If you have forgotten your login credentials, press 'Account Login,' then 'Forgot Your Password?' If you have futher trouble with the system, please send us an email: email@example.com.
- 100% completion of Application. Please note: ACADEMY Staff will not review applications if there is missing information. A complete application includes all of the components listed below. Please be certain the essay/student statements are complete.
- New student statement prompt: Describe things you have done to enrich your life. (Essay must total 400-500 words)
- 2nd Prompt: Share an experience that led you to discover something new about yourself. What challenges did you face as you made this self-discovery? (Essay must total 400-500 words)
- Most recent report card with at least a 3.4 GPA or equivalent in whatever form your school reports progress at school. If you have not received a spring report card yet, a fall report card will be adequate. Please upload this into the appropriate spot in the application.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation. One must be from a current teacher or school administrator. The other letter of recommendations can be from a religious leader, scout leader, 4H leader, coaches and/or extra-curricular teachers etc. Letter of recommendations may not be from family members, family friends or from the student themselves. During the application process, you will fill out the name and email of 2 recommenders. Please download the recommendation PDF form here and give to your recommender to fill out. They are welcome to handwrite or type on the form. The filled out recommendation forms can be scanned and emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to us at SOU Youth Programs 1250 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, OR 97520. Please note that these recommendations are to be confidential and should not be sent to us from the applicant or their family. Recommendations should come directly from the recommender.